Justified: Season 3 Reviews

• Jul 21, 2020

The journey of Harlan Kentucky continues, bringing in more storylines and characters, but that is just to enhance the two main stars of the show, Groggins & Olymphant. Just wow

Dann M Super Reviewer
    Jan 25, 2020

Justified continues into an exciting and thrilling fourth season as new crime lords move into Harlan. When a Detroit mobster named Robert Quarles comes to Kentucky and attempts to set up an oxy clinic scam, he ends up getting into a war with Boyd Crowder; meanwhile Raylan finds out that he's going to be a father and catches on to the shady dealings of Ellstin Limehouse, who's playing Quarles and Crowder against each other. Neal McDonough and Mykelti Williamson join the cast as recurring characters and deliver strong performances. And there are a couple of interesting featured guest stars, including Desmond Harrington, Carla Gugino, and Michael Ironside. Additionally, the writers do a good job at bringing back characters from previous seasons and at carrying on their storylines. They also do an impressive job at building tension and suspense. Season 3 of Justified is another solid season of the series that's full of action and drama.

• Sep 16, 2018

Justified Season 3 somehow manages to top Season 2, which topped Season 1 in every way. Neal McDonough as Quarles is one of the best villains of recent memory with a killer performance. The dynamics between the characters are all so perfectly crafted. You have the troublesome Dicky Bennett, the feisty Limehouse, Quarles' accomplice Wynn Duffy, and the sharp Boyd Crowder. The list goes on, as the show is full of talented actors playing interesting roles. From the opening scenes of Episode 1 to the epic finale of the last episode, there is never a dull moment. This is going to be hard to top. (5/5)

• Dec 21, 2017

I am sad that Margo Martindale is no longer in the series after the end of Season 2, that being said Season 3 hit a better stride. Following up on the events of Season 2, we know see a mad dash by various groups to fill in the vacuum left by the Bennett demise. On top of this we have a second interrelated plot involving Mags Bennett's lost millions. Boyd Crowder, my favorite co-star/sometimes villain is rebuilding his own power base as well, aligning with none other than Raylan Givens dad, Arlo. This results in kidney theft, prison escape, Detroit becoming involved and the appearance of a bad guy as good as Mags if not even better. Neal P. McDonough, also known for his work as Damien Darhk in the CW DC universe. He steals the show and makes you wince every time he stares at someone with those Husky blue eyes (referring to them in the animal sense, not in a weight way). Oh, and a favorite from first season, Wynne Duffy is back as well. The one thing I did dislike was the attempted framing Givens. I absolutely hate false charges and the whole "will our hero be taken down by lies". It is such a common trope that just seeing it done annoys me. Other than that though, it was a great series and I am already on season 4 now. Pros: The acting, filming and directing are still great and with Mr. McDonough the villain is awesome. Cons: I hate the "frame the hero" storylines. Already watching Season 4!

• Dec 16, 2017

An excellent season which doesn't really outdo season 2, but continues the saga of Raylan Givens with the same level of wit and fervor that made the first 2 seasons so great. The incredible cast of characters are each explored to varying degrees, with clever dialogue and interesting development.

• Jan 23, 2017

We watched this after the fact on Netflix & we loved it!

We watched this after the fact on Netflix & we loved it!

• Mar 08, 2016

season 3 of justified is awsome

season 3 of justified is awsome

• Feb 19, 2016

Justified season 3 doesn't reach the heights of S2, and that's purely based on the villains. Neal McDonough does a fine acting job, but his Quarles goes not quite measure up to Mags Bennett from the previous season. Olyphant and Goggins, and company are as always, a joy to watch. Justified may carry a somewhat tiring tone, but the mixture of violence and witty banter makes it worth coming back to.

• Jul 19, 2015

justify this mutherfuckers, ya i said it now fucking watch it or else

justify this mutherfuckers, ya i said it now fucking watch it or else

• Jul 15, 2015

The addition of Neal McDonough this season was great!!!! he did an amazing job to make Duffy look like a noob :) the whole thing with Limehouse was :/ why we didn't see him in the previous season if he was all that :/ but again good addition after the Bennetts last season.... It is a great season, it got its ups and downs but in general great season! and the finale scene is the most epic and :( out of the whole three seasons, when he said:" he didn't know he was a state trooper he just saw a man with a hat..." great season I'll give it a 9/10.