Luther: Season 5 Reviews

• Feb 22, 2021

It's dark. Really dark. But the coolest serial killer case in history. Plus Elba is incredible as usual. Not for the faint of heart though. Wouldn't recommend to my church buddies.

• Sep 26, 2020

I enjoyed season five of 'Luther'. It isn't perfect, but it delivers the desired amount of entertainment. Idris Elba remains brilliant as the titular character. I wouldn't say any of the other cast members particularly stand out to an incredible degree, barring one or two who are good. The four episodes are all paced fairly well, sometimes the show - at least over the last few seasons - does move slower than you'd expect; not slow enough that I'd describe them as a drag or anything close to that, I just feel they could pick up the pace ever so slightly. With that said, some events that take place do seem to be included just to add shock value; it can feel a little less well written in those moments, at least compared to what we've been accustomed to across the opening season or two. Nonetheless, I still enjoyed S5 - I'd probably rank it as my third favourite so far, behind S1/2 but ahead of S3/4; though it's a toss-up between S3 and S5.

• Aug 19, 2020

Wow what an ending, can't wait for season 6!

Wow what an ending, can't wait for season 6!

• Oct 09, 2019

I loved all the other series- even if the plot got a bit ridiculous, it still felt grounded. Series 5 on the other hand completely jumped the shark and was a load of (entertaining) nonsense.

• Aug 25, 2019

None of the characters were developed enough to care about them. A stronger connection between Luther and Alice would have helped make her fury understandable.

• Jul 07, 2019

Incredible Writing, and the continuation of a power house performance by Idris Elba.

• Jul 01, 2019

A step down but still VERY well done

A step down but still VERY well done

• Jun 27, 2019

I do not understand how they can have such great acting and such a terrible script! They made Alison a terrible character and she is such a attribute to this show, went bring her back if you were going to mess up so bad. I am pressed that I have this show another season after the last. It will go down as the show that should have been amazing.