Pandora: Season 1 Reviews

• 2d ago

This series is like if Star Trek and Star Gate had a child.. First, calling a planet Nimbus 4 is a clear reference to Nimbus 3 in Star Trek and come on "ancients", "gate keepers", "portals which can take you anywhere"? Also "the 5 species" out of which one is a master of disguise and it is extremely peaceful and lives in harmony with nature? Also is it just me or it is strange how they were taking about a "FTL ship", but they could travel anywhere in an instance? Look, FTL is subspace manipulation, or "folding the space around you", but it isn't teleportation... I understand that pandorans have the superpower to create portals, but how can those pesky little humans do it so easily? This series is good if you want time to pass, but it ain't anything special about it..

• Nov 24, 2020

A really very poor attempt at trying to jump on the star streck coat tails. There are too many blatant rip offs from the star trek franchise. Whats makes it worse is that they don't even execute any of it and good way. Poor writing, awkward casting, nothing original. The ages of the students is unclear. There's clash between futuristic design sets in one scene then next scene looks contemporary times. Its executed poorly making the contrast distracting. The sad bit is that there are plenty of space exploration shows that took inspiration from star trek but still produced content original enough to stand on its own. This show tried too hard and put resources on the wrong things. I was looking foward to this show because it was coming off like what if star trek had a spin off series that focused on star fleet cadet training. Its a huge part of the series that many fans are interested in. And i think it would totally be possible to make a show exploring "star fleet" training but not necessarily be part of star trek franchise. Couldn't get past first two episodes l. Do not recommend.

• Nov 03, 2020

Wtf was this given a 2nd season....

Wtf was this given a 2nd season....

• Oct 22, 2020

this show is just awful.

this show is just awful.

• Oct 20, 2020

I am a grandmother who started watching the WB, then CW, with my grownup daughters a couple of decades ago. We call all their programs "Beautiful People Having Adventures." At my age, I tend to lose track of plots and characters, but my kids do better. Most of them are fun or interesting; all of them have very earnest and beautiful actors doing stuff that is diverting. Pandora is struggling with the diverting and interesting part right now. But it may grow on me, anyway. Never underestimate the loyalty of a CW audience, or the appeal of earnest and beautiful people having adventures.

• Sep 14, 2020

Love Sci-Fi u will love this

Love Sci-Fi u will love this

• Sep 01, 2020

The first season takes time to absorb, but it has potential. Unfortunately it seems that if it truly comes to life, it won't be till the next season.

• Aug 05, 2020

A lot of shows have done slimier things but the story remains engaging and surprising.

• Jul 11, 2020

Well, I started watching this TV show as Netflix suggested it to me. I recognized a lot the buildings, since it was filmed in my home country and continued watching to see it. To me, it was very funny how the zatarians spoke Bulgarian while Ralen speaks something completely different. Then the set looks very weird as you switch between very old buildings and extremely futuristic ones. Clothing is also weird - you have futuristic things and things as if the actors came like that on set and they filmed this way. The acting was really bad. The main characters are just pretty, and that is pretty much it. The story is poorly written and you can't feel compassion if anything bad happens with any of the bad characters. Their decisions did not make much sense and it all felt really rushed and you don't get an idea what kind of story it will be. Even after I finished watching it, I still have no clue what this TV show is about. I read so many reviews of people dropping out after watching the 1st episode, but I kept watching. Music was also weird and did not fit well all the time. All the small things that outright scream at you low budget could have been resolved if it was somewhat incorporated in the story - e.g. with the clothes, someone explains how some people prefer to wear vintage looking clothes because they are cheaper, while the more futuristic ones are maybe too expensive. Oh, and Atria's wig, makeup and clothes were looking hideous 90% of the time. I get that she wants to look more interesting, but at least they could have chosen a better wig and maybe higher quality of clothes, not something that looks from Forever 21. Too much money was put into extras, rather than to put that in special effects, set or clothes. Also, I could not grasp much the age of the characters - is the academy like high school, or like college. Because it feels weird for the main character to be sent to live with her uncle, as if she is a teenager, but then they go and drink in a bar. As much as I liked Ralen, cause he at least tried to act a bit, his makeup and hair was also hideous. Sometimes I would notice him having very greasy weird looking hair and then in the next shot hair with completely different style and looking clean. When you stack up the small things that are bad, and the fact that the story is average as ..., and that it is not a high budget show, you really see the show for what it is - Meh, it passed the time. I am giving two generous stars, just because it did pass the time and I did not have anything to watch. Do I recommend it? Only if you want to watch something ridiculous and have nothing else to watch. I cannot grasp how it got renewed. Maybe if they fix the story a bit, and the actors improve their acting, it could get better. Who knows...

• Jun 21, 2020

Is this a low budget show? Most definitely. Is the acting great? Not really. Is it fun to watch and interesting? Hell yeah it is! Maybe it's the low budget feel, or the fact that it seems like the actors are having a good laugh and a fun time. The show just feels fun and new. Amateurish but also endearing. Sure, perfect acting and big budgets make OK movies and series, but they're just so boring and don't try something new, in case it fails. This show was a breath of fresh air. It's willing to do stupid and different things. I always wanted to watch the next episode. Character development? Yes, almost every episode. And not to mention a VERY diverse cast, both in terms of appearance, personalities and, most importantly, accents. Like, I am so tired of hearing the standard American accent on TV. Boooooring. Plot twists? Again, almost every episode. The plot may seem strange at times, but it's fun. It's like a game of Dungeons and Dragons, anything can happen. Silly love triangles? Sure, feels just like an anime. But not in the stupid drama/romcom way that most shows do it. I cannot stress enough how unique this show is. It's similar to Other Space but also very different in many ways. I highly recommend this show. Don't listen to critics, they're just snobs who can only critique and not truly enjoy what they watch. Maybe the imperfections are what make this fun to watch. Give it a try.