The Chi: Season 1 Reviews

• May 08, 2019

I love the show. Is very accurate within setting. I am from the Gary/Chicago area it feels like home. I love the plot. It feels like the wire (the show)but better.

• Apr 29, 2019

I was born and raised in the CHI....I know this city and the complexities of home. Even though I am a Westsider, I have many friends and family on the Southside. The foundations are the same, as are the issues. To those criticizing that have NO CLUE how accurate and targeted the essence of this show is, please take a seat and learn something.... I was immediately captivated within the first few episodes, how the intricacies of the environment are displayed in the characters, music and scenery masterfully...not much is missed in the attempt to holistically capture that aspect of Chicago. Down to referring to Jerrika as that "Jack and Jill ***" - (it's a Chi thing) our social clubs, cliques, nuances are captured, showing that there was a concerted effort to study, represent and make this as authentic as possible. I just appreciate the "real" effort...the dynamic cast (where did you get those kids?) and the involvement of native Chicagoans - to make this literally feel like home. When watching, I feel like I know EVERY character either as one of my family members, someone from the neighborhood or a friend. Everyone was relatable on a real-life level. Whereas, I don't feel that way about most shows, this one hit the mark with everyone. Grandma Ethel is ALL of my Aunties - outstanding job LaDonna Tittle! This show is more than on the mark, with outstanding writing, producing, cast, music, cinematography.. So, to those who WANT to understand THIS aspect of Chicago and take a peek into "the neighborhood-" this is your show. Don't listen to movie/tv critics that have NEVER had this experience, will never have this experience to speak with any authority or intelligence on; or don't GO into/or live in these neighborhoods because they are too afraid - but will venture on Rotten Tomatoes & sites of the like, to spew their high and mighty opinion of ZERO substance. Enjoy the Chi - on the real! I digress.....

• Apr 22, 2018

love this show. Great stOryline, charcters aNd acting. The kids are fantastic! Cant wait for next season. Bravo

• Apr 15, 2018

The story is told well. The actors are on point and I’m stuck to the tv when it’s on.

• Apr 01, 2018

I love this show, what a great slept on show! Gives awesome story line of real life events of what the inner city lifestyle looks like. The struggle is real for many and Chi brings that snapshot home!

• Mar 30, 2018

this show is wayyyyyyy too fcking dope . i cant wait for the next season . Must watch

• Mar 24, 2018

my life as a kid depicted in a more devotional way including its attention on all the characters

• Mar 23, 2018

Love this show can't wait to see wats next

Love this show can't wait to see wats next

• Mar 20, 2018

Very ENJOYABLE SHOW. COMPLEX CHARACTERS FILL THE INTERESING STORY. I ENJOYED THE FIRST YEAR IMMENSELY. THE CAST IS FANTASTIC. VERY TALENTED. THERE IS AN ADDED BENEFIT IN THAT FEW OF THEM FIT THE SLOTS TYPICAL SHOWS HAVE FOR THE CAST. I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO CATCH THE MARATHON ON THE DAY OF THE SEASON FINALE. I BELIEVE BEING ABLE TO BINGE THE SHOW ADDED TO THE ENJOYMENT. 4.5 INSTEAD OF 5 FOR SPOILER REASONS. I REALLY ENJOYED THE SHOW AND CANT WAIT TO SEE MORE.

• Mar 13, 2018

tHIS SHOW IS VERY COMPELLING. AFTER A SOMEWHAT SLOW START, CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT HAS ACCELERATED GREATLY. SHOT ON THE WEST AND SOUTH SIDES OF CHICAGO, THE SHOW HAS A GREAT DEAL OF AUTHENTICITY. STILL NOT SURE WHY THE SUBPLOT ABOUT THE GOOD COP AND BAD COP IS NECESSARY TO THE STORY LINE.