The Great: Season 1 Reviews

• 1d ago

I was told a story. I laughed, gasped, yelled, cried, frowned and everything in between. I was entertained and distracted sufficiently.

• 2d ago

A masterclass in the tonal balancing act of comedy and drama.

A masterclass in the tonal balancing act of comedy and drama.

• 2d ago

Whilst the two leads (Nicholas Hoylt and Elle Fanning) do an incredible job, the supporting cast (Phoebe Fox, Sacha Dhawan and Adam Godley) is often just as good and at times even better as the political intrigue is laid on thick and fast in this satirical spin on Catherine the Great

• 2d ago

Huzzah! The Great is a well acted, comedy satire based off of people from Russias history. Like the asterisk states, occasionally true events; mostly fictional, but a GREAT, binge worthy show that will leave you anxiously awaiting the next season.

• 2d ago

Although the history is wildly inaccurate (Peter III was the grandson of Peter the Great, not the son; Peter III was only Emperor for six months, etc.) the spoof is entertaining, Elle Fanning is charming; in fact, all the actors are excellent.

• 2d ago

This was fun and exciting to watch! Really hoping for a second season.

This was fun and exciting to watch! Really hoping for a second season.

Delicious in every way!

Delicious in every way!

• 2d ago

Amazing performances of Elle and Nicholas. Their best of their careers, so far.

Amazing performances of Elle and Nicholas. Their best of their careers, so far.

• 3d ago

The Great is GREAT! Elle Fanning and the rest of the cast is fabulous. Great period piece that somewhat follows history and is entertaining and witty. Cannot wait for season 2.

• 3d ago

Never had I seen a series where I flocked to social media SECONDS after to endorse it. It is witty, charming, and incredibly addictive. I made my Rotten Tomatoes account just so Hulu hears, "WE NEED A SEASON 2!!!!"