The Haunting of Hill House: The Haunting of Hill House Reviews

• 3d ago

Horror & suspense done right. Encapsulating story, great acting, lots of twists & turns, and of course tons of glorious scares. A must see for any horror fans or anyone who wants something dark & original.

• 4d ago

It's incredibly inspiring to see such a masterpiece produced by Netflix. The acting, the plot and the settings made for a gorgeous and chilling experience that kept me hooked until the very end. I cannot wait to see what Bly Manor has to offer.

• Sep 13, 2019

What a surprisingly great show. It surprised me because I thought I had already seen everything about haunted houses on TV. But this series came with a total new perception and level of scariness.

• Aug 25, 2019

WOW! I would never have thought in a million years that The Haunting Of Hill House would have sucked me in the way it did. From the child actors to the eerie camera angles, this season had it all! The storyline sucks you into its world where at times you'll have to walk away. Sheer terror works, and this show proved it! Spectacular!

• Aug 21, 2019

Decent, but not as highly acclaimed as the ratings suggest, the video shots seem a little too polished for the show to be absolutely frightening and the constant flashbacks become a little confusing especially since there are 2 different actors for everyone except the mother. The show really does hit home on many sensitive subjects especially addiction and mental illness but the pacing is really slow for the 10 episodes as not a whole lot happens in each episode. A quick review skim can help you gather the information much better and almost in entirety. Overall though I'm satisfied with watching the show but believe it should be rated more in the high 70's

• Aug 13, 2019

The Haunting of Hill House was by far the most beautiful, touching, and sad TV show I have ever seen. I have never witnessed so much love woven throughout a story, and the characters were treated with great care. For anyone who can handle a bit of horror (it was about as scary as The Ring), I strongly recommend it. Its psychological themes were completely spot-on. It's almost as if the show were written by a group of incredibly poetic psychologists. Themes it touched on: Mental illness (heavily), psychological barriers/protective mechanisms, loss and death, anxieties of parenting, drug abuse, family and love(heavily), and child sexual abuse (briefly). The jump scares were a bit cliche, but that was not the only horror mechanism that the show relied on. Do not watch this show if you're only looking for horror with no depth. Times I jumped: 2 Times I cried: 2 million.

• Aug 12, 2019

Story is awesome on top of which every actor fits there roll perfectly.

Story is awesome on top of which every actor fits there roll perfectly.

• Aug 03, 2019

Its awesome, i love it because it has great effects and the story 1.000.000/10, and the final is better than any series in netflix. 👌👌

• Jul 31, 2019

THE best horror TV Series so far! Loved the story, cast and direction. Can't wait for season 2!

• Jul 29, 2019

I think it was fine, however, I have some specific issues with it. Firstly, it relied way too much on jump scares. It's subjective if you like them but I prefer a more subtle way to get an eerie feeling but in any case, they were overused anyway, it appeared that all episodes had 2 or 3 of them. The second issue is that it was way too long-winded at storytelling to the point of almost becoming tedious at times. It felt like 10 episodes were way too much for this story and it could have around 6 or 8 at most, and in any case it became way too explicit at the exposition at times. It felt like we were being fed explanations for like 20-30% of the screen time, for things that were relatively obviously implied already from previous scenes. The last issue I had with it is very subjective and it's not a negative for all but it should be for some: it relied too much on believing in the paranormal. I know this is not always a problem, but it did make the story more unbelievable and silly to me. I'd prefer either a more surprising logical explanation or at least to leave it vague.