The Mandalorian: Season 1 Reviews

• 1d ago

Borrowing from "Seven Samurai" and the Manga series "Lone Wolf and Cub", throwing in enough fanboy references to make them go to the dark side, good acting and a likeable protagonist, the Mandalorian delivers a good show that the recent Star Wars movies struggled to do. "Baby Yoda" was cute, but, he has a bit of a dark side with his use of the Force. Good special effects, costumes and acting put this series as one of the best sci-fi on streaming services. It's fun to watch! Not overly dark or depressing. Music score reminds me of"The Good, the Bad and the Ugly", another movie the Mandalorian borrowed from. No Boba Fett, possible yet!

• 3d ago

I liked it, such a breath of fresh air after the new trilogy, the third of which I just could not get through. This just works, its light, its short and just plain fun. Do not expect great depth just enjoyable tv. This show reminded me why I loved Star Wars because I had definitely forgotten in recent years

• 4d ago

Overly slow paced. Each half hour episode seemed to take 3 hours. The music will lull you to sleep. The color palate, at times, makes the show look black & white. I binged this whole season in a day and almost turned it off twice because I kept falling asleep. It was THAT boring. Yes, "the Child" is very cute but this show did nothing to build a mythology that makes me want to tune in again for season two. I'm a huge fan of the original trilogy and even found redeeming qualities in the prequels and sequels. I can't say the same thing about "The Mandalorian".

• 5d ago

Amazing, one of the best series ever

Amazing, one of the best series ever

• 6d ago

An incredible start to an amazing series!

An incredible start to an amazing series!

• Jun 30, 2020

Really enjoyed this compared to the new films...nice storyline interesting characters and episodes not too long that you lose interest...really looking forward to season 2

• Jun 27, 2020

The series was great

The series was great

• Jun 27, 2020

I've grown weary of Star Wars, I almost didn't watch, but glad I did. The Mandalorian is such a fresh view of that world. Its like future sci fi version of a western, and I just love it. I loved each episode.

• Jun 14, 2020

Believable effect, and the story was good, however the nearly colorless de saturated visuals make it a bit of a chore to make out what's occurring on screen, and remove much of the magic that makes Star Wars, well Star Wars.

• Jun 11, 2020

Baby Yoda da best. An incredibly entertaining series that can save this franchise. This is off to a great start with this first season. Final Rating: A