The Reagans: Season 1 Reviews

• Feb 15, 2021

Completely biased against Reagan. According to this, Reagan never did one thing right in his entire life. Not even close to a fair critique. Political hit job.

• Feb 09, 2021

The only reason my review had the stars it did was for the production value and all of the old footage. Other than that, the commentary given was just blasphemous words regarding a couple of deceased patriots. A lot of points that are weakly given in this series can be reasoned out or debunked with fairly simple logic and understanding of the time period in American History. This series was hideously and unapologetically biased and chose to only indulge the audience into the shortcomings of not only Nancy and Ronald's time in the White House, but their entire lives. I was anticipating a decent spot of time spent on the President's assassination attempt, but that was cut in short for more time spent on the opinion that Reagan knew nothing about black people, further discounting his friendships with Sammy Davis Jr. and Jackie Robinson. You may enjoy this for nothing more than the footage gathered but I wish the commentators had a mute option because they added nothing of value.

• Feb 06, 2021

I have been asking a question for the last five years with regard to the latest round of corporate tax cuts and the promise of a trickling down (that will result in greater wealth and prosperity for all) and have yet to get an answer. If trickle down economics works why aren't we all still enjoying the results of the Reagan tax cuts from the 80s? This documentary doesn't cover much new ground as sadly this myth has been exposed for me as I've grown older, similar to Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy. I was definitely glad to see a more honest examination of The Reagans, as opposed to celebratory, and had no idea what to expect when I started this docuseries. You can't really get a more unlikely detractor than Ronald Reagan Jr. and it definitely felt like he contributed the most here, among a plethora of high caliber insiders, bringing both a totally unique perspective and integrity to the doc. *Dark Money by Jane Mayer would provide a decent companion read, while not retreading what was already seen in this series.

• Jan 09, 2021

What a powerful series! Really enjoyed learning about some of the backstory of Ronald and Nancie. A lot of fascinating stuff that ties into what is going on in our country now. A must see if you are interested in politics or the history of power in America.

• Jan 04, 2021

It is extremely well done and very informative. It is extremely biased against Reagan, and certainly comes across as somewhat of a hit job, but at the same time is extremely informative. Despite the decidedly anti-Reagan commentary provided by Leslie Stahl and two other talking heads, it allowed anyone who had lived through the Reagan era to form their own opinions. Reagan was far from perfect, as was every single human being who has ever lived, but he was a good President to anyone in the middle and above. No, his policies did not directly benefit the poor and needy, but let's not forget that the poor and needy were obviously not helped by the economic policies and programs of past Presidents either. His second term was almost derailed by the Iran-Contra affair, and this documentary covered that in good detail, and pointed out that he used his charisma and charm to escape from a seemingly inescapable predicament. No matter what side of the aisle you lean towards, you will probably really like this documentary, even if some Republicans may find it decidedly anti-Reagan.

• Dec 27, 2020

Excellent documentary series about the real Regans. It's hard for republicans to face the true historical facts about their god Ronald but beyond the facade was an unsurprisingly racist corrupt administration that prioritized the rich and corporations.

• Dec 09, 2020

Reagan was far from a prefect President but this series is so biased it's unbelievable. I would have preferred an actual documentary. One that offered a balanced view of what actually happened.

• Dec 07, 2020

GOP corruption goes back decades.

GOP corruption goes back decades.

• Dec 06, 2020

Reagan administration being called out is way overdue.

Reagan administration being called out is way overdue.

• Dec 06, 2020

Entirely negative bias toward Reagan. Not informative so much as "Conservatives and southerners are racist".