The Sopranos: Season 1 Reviews

• Oct 17, 2019

Absolute classic! This season changed television forever!

Absolute classic! This season changed television forever!

• Oct 06, 2019

That was a great show.

That was a great show.

• Sep 04, 2019

The greatest debut to the best tv show off all time.

The greatest debut to the best tv show off all time.

• Jul 05, 2019

Still the greatest tv show ever to Grace tv. This tv show changed the way we watched TV forever it was the first real big budget show on the scales of a movie.

• May 18, 2019

phenomenal performances cast-round.

phenomenal performances cast-round.

• Feb 05, 2019

One of the greatest television series in history. Fantastic performances by James Gandolfini and Edie Falco. Nancy Marchand was epic as Tony's toxic mother. Sadly, this show felt very close to me, being raised in a dysfunctional Italian family with a Nana who made Livia Soprano look tame. I wanted The Brady Bunch - I got The Sopranos - but I can say from my own experiences, they truly got it right.

• Jan 15, 2019

The best TV show ever. I do not think we will ever see anything like it again.

The best TV show ever. I do not think we will ever see anything like it again.

• Oct 29, 2018

This show does such good job of creating characters with lots of depth and stortlines that suck you in.

• Oct 11, 2018

By far the best season. It balances life in the mob and life with family perfectly. Truly family redefined.

• Dec 02, 2017

This is probably not an entirely fair review of this first season of "The Sopranos" (seeing as how I only made it through two episodes of it), but these are my quick thoughts: Usually, "mob shows" would never even get tried by me. It just really isn't my thing. However, I did very much enjoy "Breaking Bad" (which uses some of those same conventions) and kept seeing this show up on every single "best of TV" lists. So, I finally decided to give it a try. After two episodes, I made the decision not to continue for these reasons: -In all honesty, it felt a little dated to me. I'm not usually picky about this sort of thing, but I really felt like I was watching an "old show" here. -Instead of "Breaking Bad", which takes part of the mobster show genre and puts in a very human-interest plot and characters, I could tell that "Sopranos" was instead going to revel in being a mob show. Not that it does a disservice to the characters, but it clearly stays within the boundaries of the mob scene. I know I should give this acclaimed show more time, but in the two episodes I watched I found no spark to continue onward.