Utopia Falls: Season 1 Reviews

• 2h ago

This show couldn't come at a better timing. In an world where we fight to survive, disctiminate minorities and often degrad arts, this show comes and tells us No more! It's a dystopian mix of glee x hunger games x the100 as I like to call it, it has great LGBT rep that (FINALLY) don't fall into negative tv tropes, an amazingly diverse cast, a fun and educative plot, beautiful romantic and platonic relationships and it promotes ARTS! It's so good for the soul. Truth be told, I came for the WLW rep, but surely I'm staying for all of the above. Must watch! ❤️

• 2d ago

Yes, we've seen the premise before but you can't deny the music and acting is great. I really think the series gets better as it goes along so it's worth committing to it. As for complaints that this wasn't up to snuff with Hunger Games… lol really? Didn't they spend like $500M making those movies?

• 2d ago

Great series, music is great, and the message i'd beautiful. The acting was great as well, can't wait for season two.

• 2d ago

So fun! If you love shows like The 100 and movies like Step Up, Fame and How She Move you will love this show!!

• 3d ago

Did not think this would be up my alley but it was really addictive!

Did not think this would be up my alley but it was really addictive!

• 3d ago

I am normally the target audience for this show. I love dystopian, science fiction, and teen dramas. I even love dancing and singing shows. However, the singing/dancing aspect in this show didn't fit in seamlessly. Instead it felt like it was just shoved into the concept in attempt to set it apart from other similar movies and shows. Some are saying this didn't work because people are fatigued on the idea of teen dystopian after the Hunger Games and so many others. However, I don't think that's true. It's still a very popular book genre and I think people are wanting more. The caviat is that it has to be good. The Hunger Games movies declined in quality and that is why people stopped going. It wasn't because they were fatigued. Proof exists in the show The Society on Netflix that did very well and was a teen science fiction type show. The issue with this show in particular was that it felt like it was aimed at a minuscule portion of the population. It was just too narrow because of all the elements included. I love both Glee and the Hunger Games, but I hated this. That's the problem.

• 4d ago

Not a ground-breaking show, but the music and ok story kept my interest enough to watch the entire season to see where it was going. Mostly predictable, some acting better than other performances on the show. If you go into it with your expectations managed, it's entertaining enough. The music is the best part!

• 5d ago

Hunger games meets hip hop culture. This show was much deeper than I thought it would be (YA step it up) it has a lot of truth on multiple levels and the production value was nice. Sure a bit cheesy at times but it's worth watching for its takes on the power of Pop culture.

• 5d ago

Absolutely addictive story with the most talented cast! Season 2 please!!!

Absolutely addictive story with the most talented cast! Season 2 please!!!

• 6d ago

This show is yet another dystopian series about a world that's been ravaged, with one last bastion of hope, ruled by powerful adults, where a bunch of teens are thrown into a competition. However, this series does this formula in a new and fresh way. While you may need some suspension-of-disbelief, it's someting that's a new take on the formula made popular by the Hunger Games. I read all the reviews on IMDB, and it's VERY obvious that 75% or more of the reviewers didn't watch past episode 2. While the music and dance competition that takes the place of the hunger games in this series is absolutely present throughout the whole season, it is VERY clear after episode 2 that it is in fact the B-Plot, and the discovery of the inevitable corruption and secrets hidden by the leadership are the true A-Plot. I highly recommend you watch through the first 5 episodes before you pass a real judgment on the series. So many shows that have become massive hits have had rocky starts, so even if this show doesn't seem like your favorite thing in the world at first, give it a chance to grow on you! It did for me!