Woke: Season 1 Reviews

• Oct 10, 2020

This series is as insufferable as the title suggests. It doesn't have anything interesting or new to say, it's just an attempt to climb on a political bandwagon. It makes me long for the days when TV shows aimed to entertain rather than propagandize the audience.

• Sep 21, 2020

Honestly, loved it all. It's just so much fun to watch. The message in the last two episodes - strong, riveting, exciting. You have to have an open mind, the title can be misleading. It creates such expectations. The writing is incredible.

• Sep 20, 2020

Fantastic first season! Eye opening real life journey mixed with crazy comedy and a breakout performance by T. Murph. The first season ended with me ready for the next episode.

• Sep 20, 2020

I love this show and can't wait for the next season 😍 The season finale really crept up on me. Kudos to the sound engineers on the show such good music too. Please hulu a season 2 🙏

• Sep 19, 2020

Twists and turns and lots of unexpected humor.

Twists and turns and lots of unexpected humor.

• Sep 18, 2020

Funny, original, thought provoking. Great cast.

Funny, original, thought provoking. Great cast.

• Sep 16, 2020

Surprisingly hilarious, there were so many scenes that had me actually laughing out loud. However it feels a little too short at only 8 episodes.

• Sep 13, 2020

A man with a message and the challenges he faces to overcome adversity, whether that be society or his own demons. It's a story we need right now. It's a must watch

• Sep 12, 2020

Woke is brilliant! I've binged it twice and during the second viewing, I caught little nuances I missed during the first viewing. It's smart, funny, witty, and thought-provoking. All the things you'd expect when you mix inventive story telling with a brilliant ensemble cast. Lamorne Morris is brilliant as the main character, Keef Knight. A cartoonist who's on the verge of mainstream success until the incident. His close friends Gunther (Blake Anderson) and Clovis (T. Murph) are there for him and do their best to console and support him. Adrienne (Rose McIver), the artist, was a nice surprise! I love that Rose is using her New Zealand accent as Adrienne. Ayana (Sasheer Zamata) is an activist and publicist who, outside of Keef's friends, is the one ally who challenges Keef in ways that his friends can't. The animated characters are voiced by some heavy hitters: J.B. Smoove (Marker), Nicole Byer and Eddie Griffin (40oz), Cree Summer (Paper Bag), Tony Hale (Butter), Sam Richardson (Toast), Jack McBrayer (Sad face), Cedric the Entertainer (Trashcan), and Keith David (Bible). Woke is a must-see for those who like having water cooler conversations with their white, black, brown, mocha, yellow, conservative, liberal, centrist coworker and/or friends! Enjoy!

• Sep 12, 2020

Lamorne Morris is as brilliant as the man he is representing, I agree the humor should be a stronger aspect but his performance puts everything in perspective. I beg you to keep the series going. Tweek the writing but keep it going. Its an important show! ---ohcheap1