Bad Blood Reviews

• Apr 18, 2021

True story of a WW2 era mass shooting in rural New Zealand. Farmer Stanley Graham (Jack Thompson) is struggling financially, and when local authorities try to repossess his rifle for the war effort it sets off a sequence of events that result in a mass shooting, and a massive manhunt through local bushland. Graham's wife Dorothy is portrayed in the least sympathetic light possible. The film shows her participating in the shooting of a policeman, which was never proved. Her character is also irritating to the extreme. She has a huge persecution complex and is literally never nice to anyone outside her immediate family. Stan is portrayed with more sympathy, though they both come off as unhinged gun nuts. The version I watched was in 4:3 aspect ratio, so I imagine that some of the grandeur of the scenery was lost.

• Mar 04, 2008

I saw this movie years ago. Not really my genre, the psychopathic killer running around the paddock killing people, but in this case the acting & character development was very good, and the scenery stunning as only NZ could be. Jack Thompson was great. I think the best movie I've seen from NZ.