Resurrection Reviews

• Oct 31, 2020

This was a movie you'll never forget. I think her gift in the movie is wonderful. I wish the lord would grant it to me.

• Jul 14, 2020

The story is ok but Burstyn is fantastic.

The story is ok but Burstyn is fantastic.

• Aug 02, 2019

This movie has stuck with me for nearly 40 years. I wish there was a full Blu-ray reissue on this and not the Amazon On-demand garbage. Criterion Collection should restore this film to todays standards with commentary from the actors.

• Aug 23, 2014

This movie is very hard to find. Netflix and Hulu do not have it. You can buy it on Amazon or watch it on YouTube, which is what my husband and I did last night. This is one of his favorite movies. It is a rural gothic tale that is "spiritual, but not religious." Ellen Burstyn, who is always fantastic, really shows her dramatic power in the healing scenes, which are very moving. Those being healed also deserve props, as these scenes are some of the best one-on-one acting I have witnessed. Richard Farnsworth, whose role is small but important, also makes this movie one which should be made more available to viewers.

John B Super Reviewer
    Feb 21, 2014

A rural not so tall tale told with remarkable performances by Ellen Burstyn and her literally worshiping husband Sam Shepard. Very compelling.

• Jan 01, 2013

An absolutely beautiful movie. So full of love. A must see!

An absolutely beautiful movie. So full of love. A must see!

• Sep 29, 2012

thoughful look at near-death and faith healing.

thoughful look at near-death and faith healing.

• Sep 22, 2012

Beautiful performance by Ellen Burstyn.

Beautiful performance by Ellen Burstyn.

• Jul 26, 2012

★★★ (out of four) What an actress Ellen Burstyn is. She gave us some of the best performances from the 1970's with "The Exorcist", "Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore" and "The Last Picture Show", and in 2000 "Requim for a Dream" was one of the decades most memorable acting jobs. In 1980 "Resurrection" is one of her lesser known films, but her power and talent is very much present. Without her abilities, the film might not have been able to succeed as well as it does. Burstyn plays a woman who gives her husband a beautiful new car for his birthday. While they take it for a pleasure ride along the Pacific Coast Highway, her husband swerves to miss a kid in the road. He loses control and tumbles off the clear toward the ocean below. She survives. He doesn't. She moves back home to Kansas for her slow recovery. But she learns that after her near death experience she is different now. She is able to heal the sick. Soon everyone is flocking to her. Her new boyfriend (Sam Shepard) doesn't know what to make of her, however. The dream-like after life scenes are beautifully filmed and as mentioned Burtsyn hold the picture together even when it loses some coheransy on occasion. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/Zeppo1/Resurrection.jpg[/IMG]

• May 28, 2012

UNA GRAN PELICULA,CON UNA EXCELENTE ACTRIZ,ELLEN BURSTYN,CON UN TEMA PARAPSICOLOGICO Y A LA VEZ EL FANATISMO RELIGIOSO QUE ESTA EN CONTRA DE LA CURACION POR IMPOSICION DE MANOS...EXCELENTE.