Skin Game Reviews

• Jan 13, 2020

Great comedy, very well played and directed, and after more than 40 years, it still works totally and that's what is so impressive. I just don't understand why it is still not regarded as a classic, because I've just discovered it today and it's already one of my favorite along with the best of Lubitsch, Wilder, or Mel Brooks (though even it Blazing Saddles is also a western comedy, the humour is quite different from it, and Skin Game is closest to Wilder comedies in my opinion)

• Sep 03, 2016

It was fine, but certainly could not touch garners other work.

It was fine, but certainly could not touch garners other work.

• Dec 08, 2015

good western satire and WB's 2000th film!

good western satire and WB's 2000th film!

• Jul 03, 2013

A salt-n-pepper con-man team makes for a funny western. (It's kind of a comedy roots movie)

• Dec 08, 2012

Dated but a pretty good movie.

Dated but a pretty good movie.

• Oct 16, 2012

Great old comedy made in 1971 with James Garner and Louis Gossett Jr.

Great old comedy made in 1971 with James Garner and Louis Gossett Jr.

• Oct 17, 2011

James Garner and a young Lou Gossett, Jr. play a couple of con men who scam slave owners by selling Lou Gossett at auction, then breaking him out later. It's funny, but disturbing at the same time with its depiction of slave ownership, slave pens, and the like. It's a good film; definitely worth a viewing.

• jay n Super Reviewer
    Aug 04, 2011

Amusing comedy set in the west is helped a great deal by the chemistry of the three leads. Garner is the center that makes the whole thing go and he plays well with both Gossett and Susan Clark. It moves at a nice lively clip and while there are a few serious moments they never get in the way of the overall breeziness of the film.

• Nov 22, 2004

ENJOYABLE COMEDY WESTERN, FUN FOR THE MOST PART. A PERFECT ROLE FOR GARNER.

ENJOYABLE COMEDY WESTERN, FUN FOR THE MOST PART. A PERFECT ROLE FOR GARNER.