That Darn Cat! Reviews

• Jul 25, 2020

Funny, probably the most I've laughed at a Disney film so far. 'That Darn Cat!' is an entertaining production. The premise, whilst not incredibly executed, is amusing and very watchable. Cast-wise it's terrific, Hayley Mills and Dean Jones certainly raise everyone else up but all the characters are astutely cast. DC the cat is adorable, too. Mills plays Patti while Jones portrays Kelso. They both work very well together, I enjoyed both performances. Ed Wynn has, like in 'Those Calloways', a good short showing. No others stand out per se, but they all bring little things to their respective roles. I do wish they would've done more with the villains though, given they were nicely cast. What they give is decent, but they definitely could've played a bigger part. The film probably runs 10-15 minutes too long also. You should watch this if you get the opportunity, it makes for fun viewing.

• Jul 18, 2020

Ridiculous but also a lot of fun.

Ridiculous but also a lot of fun.

• Jan 21, 2020

Very silly in a good way. Family friendly fun. The cat is hilarious.

Very silly in a good way. Family friendly fun. The cat is hilarious.

• Jan 15, 2020

Longcat is a tad overly long and you might feel yourself drifting toward a catnap in parts, but the mischievous moggie in the middle has fun with this family yarn, outshining the two-legged co-stars.

• Jan 14, 2019

I love this old film,

I love this old film,

• Nov 11, 2014

Typical Disney cheesy acting. A stupid cop, a girl and a cat solve the kidnap. Ok for a Sunday afternoon :)

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    Sep 10, 2014

Hayley Mills and Dean Jones star in this popular family favorite about a presumptuous cat that might hold the key to solving a kidnapping case. Even the crooks are more or less wholesome in this typical, if well done, Disney festival of sugar. It was better than I was willing to give it credit for being.

• Apr 23, 2014

"That Darn Cat!" is a true Disney classic, with so much wit and humor that you just have to love it. At some points, you might even laugh out loud. I've seen this movie countless times, because it's just that good.

• Mar 15, 2014

Perfectly satisfying light suspense/comedy populated with a bevy of actors I always enjoy watching: Dean Jones, Roddy McDowall, William Demarest, Frank Gorshin, and Ed Wynn. The cat is guided through a good, engaging performance and there are greater threats and danger than we generally remember or expect from 60s Disney fare.

• Jan 06, 2014

Really good classic movie, as i watched this over on Film4 (movie channel on Sky).