Street Fighter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Street Fighter Reviews

October 1, 2016
Not the worst thing ever..
September 24, 2016
Not quite as bad as I remember it. This film was released right about the same time as the surprisingly good "Mortal Kombat" film and it paled in comparison. Written and directed by cornball 80s action writer Steven E. de Souza, he brings a cartoony sensibility to the film, which seems appropriate for a film based on a video game. Jean-Claude Van Damme leads UN forces agains the evil Raul Julia. There are lots of characters from the video game fighting on either side. Ming-Na Wen is the only one that stands out, playing Chun-Li. Kylie Minogue, Andrew Bryniarski, Wes Studi, the great Benny Urquidez, and many other familiar character actors appear in the film. Raul Julia is also way too good of an actor for this film and sadly it was his last film. Overall, this is passable Saturday morning cornball fare that is unpretentious if not at all memorable.
September 7, 2016
Awesome action sequences and all the cheesy dialogue and over acting I love.
½ August 17, 2016
Though it features an amazingly over-the-top performance from the late Raul Julia, Street Fighter suffers a beating from poorly staged action sequences, poor acting, and a standard plot that bears little resemblance to the iconic video game.
July 31, 2016
July 30, 2016
Not as bad as most make out, They did most of the characters spot on, But it wasn't well acted the story was just plain silly for what the game was about, The action was over the top but hey it's based on a video game it's allowed to be over the top.
May 9, 2016
Pagi - pagi sudah disambut laptop yang error dan tahi cicak di depan pintu kamar.... what a life... -_-

Untungnya ada film ini, lumayan menghibur dan bikin nostalgia sama salah satu game fighting favorit saya (walaupun jarang main karena arcade yang punya cuma sedikit dan gak punya konsol :v). Jiwa GiTar - ku kembali bergelora saat menontonnya, wkwkwkkkw
½ March 27, 2016
One of the best examples of a terrible adaptation.

The comedy works, yes. Most of the jokes on the film work ("Change the channel", most of Bison's quotes, Guile's pronunciation), but this is supposed to be an action movie, not a parody or a comedy.

The fight scenes are sluggish and slow, only two of them are memorable (Bison vs Guile, Ryu and Ken against Sagat and Vega) because they aren't ass sluggish.

The soundtrack is forgettable, you won't remember any tune.

But, it can entertain due how unintentionally hilarious is, plus Raul Julia as Bison was incredibly good.
½ January 13, 2016
High expectations, highly let down
January 4, 2016
I really don't have a strong passionate opinion about this movie one way or the other. Like it's obviously not a movie that I enjoyed but there are much worse ways to spend 2 hours of your life. One weird thing about this movie is for an adaption of a fighting game there is very little fist fighting in it. It feels like the director wanted to make a G.I Joe movie or something. Like I said, very middle of the road flick.
November 29, 2015
This movie is great to laugh at. Too bad this was Raul Julia's last movie, he deserved much better.
September 19, 2015
Very cheesy but a guilty pleasure, probably the only time we see Jean Claude Van Damme in a blockbuster type film.
I'm not that much of a fan of video games so I don't know how good it is as as adaptation (I heard it's nothing like this) but for a film, it's just a silly and entertaining action film, which was like a lot of films were like at the time it was made like Mortal Kombat and Demolition Man.
Plus, Raul Julia's last film and he makes a fun villain.
August 31, 2015
Street fighter is senseless and lacking substance for a movie in general, but in some eyes, the campy tone/one liners and a bombastic final performance by Raul Julia should bring some entertainment
½ August 28, 2015
Poor Raul Julia. This was so unfortunate for him.
August 18, 2015
If you played the some of the first street fighter games then you'll like it. Don't bother rating it otherwise you morons!
August 15, 2015
Soooooooo bad. I'm not really sure I could recommend this as a "so bad it's good" movie but thanks to @HDTGM I at least watched it.
½ August 11, 2015
Only redeeming quality is the late Raul Julia as M. Bison.
July 24, 2015
Solo verla si creciste jugando SF2 y amabas a JCVD , si no es asi chao pescao y no pensar en verla.
July 22, 2015
Muy mala. Tan tonta que ni siquiera cuando era cabro chico me gustó. El videojuego basado en la película (con gráfica digitalizada a lo Mortal Kombat siendo que el juego es Street fighter) tb es malo.