Street Fighter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Street Fighter Reviews

May 3, 2017
Quite likely the greatest "So Bad, It's Good" movie of all time.
April 25, 2017
Not very accurate to the games but if you look at it as a so bad its good kind of movie or as just another Van Damme flick it has the right amount of entertainment value to make it watchable.
March 6, 2017
A terrible adaptation of the classic fighting game, but a hilarious movie to watch on its own. It has some bad fight scenes, but Raul Julia's performance as M. Bison makes this movie tolerable, especially when compared to The Legend of Chun-Li.
February 6, 2017
This is a terrible movie, but it offers plenty of laughs.
December 26, 2016
man this movie is so bad so campy and cheesy
December 26, 2016
as crappy and cheesy this film is, it's still enjoyable to watch for nostalgic reasons lol
December 5, 2016
Two great cheesy movies! Their production values are high and plots are good. This movies have good art and areloyal to their respective game series' mythos. They are definately worth it if you like good cheesy action flicks. Definately both work as stoner movies too.
November 2, 2016
The animated series was a more faithful adaptation of the video game, but this still looks interesting!
October 1, 2016
Not the worst thing ever..
September 24, 2016
Not quite as bad as I remember it. This film was released right about the same time as the surprisingly good "Mortal Kombat" film and it paled in comparison. Written and directed by cornball 80s action writer Steven E. de Souza, he brings a cartoony sensibility to the film, which seems appropriate for a film based on a video game. Jean-Claude Van Damme leads UN forces agains the evil Raul Julia. There are lots of characters from the video game fighting on either side. Ming-Na Wen is the only one that stands out, playing Chun-Li. Kylie Minogue, Andrew Bryniarski, Wes Studi, the great Benny Urquidez, and many other familiar character actors appear in the film. Raul Julia is also way too good of an actor for this film and sadly it was his last film. Overall, this is passable Saturday morning cornball fare that is unpretentious if not at all memorable.
September 7, 2016
Awesome action sequences and all the cheesy dialogue and over acting I love.
July 31, 2016
I REALLY LIKED THIS MOVIE.DONT KNOW WHY THEY SAY THIS IS BAD.
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Not as bad as most make out, They did most of the characters spot on, But it wasn't well acted the story was just plain silly for what the game was about, The action was over the top but hey it's based on a video game it's allowed to be over the top.
May 9, 2016
Pagi - pagi sudah disambut laptop yang error dan tahi cicak di depan pintu kamar.... what a life... -_-

Untungnya ada film ini, lumayan menghibur dan bikin nostalgia sama salah satu game fighting favorit saya (walaupun jarang main karena arcade yang punya cuma sedikit dan gak punya konsol :v). Jiwa GiTar - ku kembali bergelora saat menontonnya, wkwkwkkkw
½ March 27, 2016
One of the best examples of a terrible adaptation.

The comedy works, yes. Most of the jokes on the film work ("Change the channel", most of Bison's quotes, Guile's pronunciation), but this is supposed to be an action movie, not a parody or a comedy.

The fight scenes are sluggish and slow, only two of them are memorable (Bison vs Guile, Ryu and Ken against Sagat and Vega) because they aren't ass sluggish.

The soundtrack is forgettable, you won't remember any tune.

But, it can entertain due how unintentionally hilarious is, plus Raul Julia as Bison was incredibly good.
½ January 13, 2016
High expectations, highly let down
January 4, 2016
I really don't have a strong passionate opinion about this movie one way or the other. Like it's obviously not a movie that I enjoyed but there are much worse ways to spend 2 hours of your life. One weird thing about this movie is for an adaption of a fighting game there is very little fist fighting in it. It feels like the director wanted to make a G.I Joe movie or something. Like I said, very middle of the road flick.
November 29, 2015
This movie is great to laugh at. Too bad this was Raul Julia's last movie, he deserved much better.
September 19, 2015
Very cheesy but a guilty pleasure, probably the only time we see Jean Claude Van Damme in a blockbuster type film.
I'm not that much of a fan of video games so I don't know how good it is as as adaptation (I heard it's nothing like this) but for a film, it's just a silly and entertaining action film, which was like a lot of films were like at the time it was made like Mortal Kombat and Demolition Man.
Plus, Raul Julia's last film and he makes a fun villain.