Rounders - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rounders Reviews

½ September 14, 2017
Just another poker drama. But a good one.
September 5, 2017
One of the few films where it's okay to hate Ed Norton
September 5, 2017
Rounders is one of my favorite poker movies! The plot is really interesting and Matt Damon and Edward Norton give very good performances playing amazing poker players. The movie shows what gambling can do to people and if you have faith you can do well.
½ August 31, 2017
Dude!!! When you don't know shizz about Poker and yet, you still appreciate everything about this film. Damon is a perfect counterpoint to Norton's MASTERCLASS, loveable Worm. I think I've watched this film 40/50 times. An acting clinic.
August 24, 2017
Can't believed I missed this movie it was awesome
½ August 12, 2017
Rounders is a perfect rainy Saturday, basic cable movie. Like a less-assured Ocean's Eleven, the drama is solid with plenty of lightness in the characters and dialogue. In the lead, Damon is meh, but he's surrounded by acting royalty giving their all (Landau, Norton, Malkovich, Turturro). Over-the-top, silly, and melodramatic, but the attitude and simple story are a full house of fun...get it? Full house?
July 26, 2017
There are better gambling movies than Rounders. It's not as charming as Maverick, not as cool as Ocean's Eleven and not as entertaining as The Sting. This movie makes it hard to root for the protagonist, and the story really doesn't draw you in until the final third. I bet this was probably more impressive in the 90s.
July 3, 2017
Like Good Will Hunting with betting.
March 25, 2017
One of the few movies with Matt Damon I really like. He does a great job of playing a gambler whose relationship with his friend is bringing him down. You won't like this movie unless you like Texas Holdem. One of my all time favorites.
½ March 10, 2017
Best poker movie ever made
½ February 23, 2017
"Pay him...pay that man his money".... gosh malkovich's accent was....not so chill.
February 20, 2017
A decent gambling themed.movie with fairly good performance and direction.
January 21, 2017
Fantastic movie, particularly if you like poker.
½ December 31, 2016
If you like poker, watch this.
½ November 20, 2016
The movie has an amazing cast, but it falls down due to many cliches and lack of stakes. Matt Damon does well, but the movie's plot is rather generic and Norton's character is only there to cause problems. Some side characters are just there for whatever reason, and its a standard cards movie. Watch Mississippi Grind instead.
October 23, 2016
Bolstered by a gritty atmosphere and a strong cast, "Rounders" is an entertaining yet fairly underwhelming foray into the underground of high stakes poker.
½ October 14, 2016
Edward Norton and Matt Damon explode onscreen in a deeply underrated 90s classic.
½ August 26, 2016
Ending was kind of boring. Fun to see thought process of a poker player
June 30, 2016
Good movie overall, but, I just didn't find it that exciting at times and the story line was fairly predictable.
½ May 20, 2016
"We can't run from who we are. Our destiny chooses us" Brilliant film. It's a must see in my opinion, and one of the most underrated films ever.