Scalps Reviews

• Jan 22, 2020

My God... what did I just put my eyeballs through...?! I gotta stop falling for Olen Rey and his tricks. Cool poster art does not cover up a flaming like of poop. God love the man for trying though.

• Apr 25, 2018

Fred Olen Ray takaa nautittavan elokuvakokemuksen.

Fred Olen Ray takaa nautittavan elokuvakokemuksen.

• Oct 23, 2016

Pésima y no vi la necesidad de poner una violación.... el trailer que muestran aquí no corresponde a la película.

• Oct 18, 2015

I knew what I was getting into. It's a Fred Olen Ray movie, which means it'll be cheap and it'll look cheap, with a bunch of struggling actors going from scene to scene with the only thing moving the plot forward is the promise of more blood. Scalps actually opens with a montage of clips that shows some of the highlights of the film, so it's almost entirely pointless watching this. It's really nothing special, just a bunch of archeologists dig up some dead native americans, a few of them become possessed, and people start getting murdered. I felt like I was watching this movie from my peripheral as if I was only catching glimpses, since there was so little plot to get involved in. There are a few nice bloody moments, and a silly decapitation that I liked, but it's basically a cheap knock off of The Hills Have Eyes and Evil Dead. Not a horrible watch since it's so insanely short and it moves fast with the deaths, but it's not that memorable.

• Nov 08, 2013

Ultra-Melodic Atmosphere--Gritty Horror At It's Best!!

Ultra-Melodic Atmosphere--Gritty Horror At It's Best!!

• Conner R Super Reviewer
    Aug 09, 2011

Scalps is a terrible movie without a doubt, anyone can see that. However, it's worth watching due to the fact that it's just SO bad on every level. The lack of knowledge when it comes to Native Americans alone is hilarious, but then again you have countless problems going on at the same time. The effects, gore and costuming is on the level of a student film. Everything about this movie looks fake except for the piece of shit land they were able to film the movie at; I suspect that it was a baron wasteland used for missile testing back in the 60s. The actors are all uncharismatic, give terrible performances and come across as people that were picked off the street. My favorite person is the red-faced old man with a blue bandanna on his head who was supposed to be the wise character; just comic gold. Then there's the plot that just comes across as utterly lazy and stupid all in one. The excuses for getting six college kids to go camping in the middle of nowhere has never made less sense. Hunting for cursed Native American artifacts for their immoral professor? Anyway, the reason this movie was made was most likely for the scalping idea and that's definitely a redeeming quality. However, it's so terribly executed that this movie only works as a car wreck that is mildly amusing to watch. I feel bad picking on it because it obviously never aspires to be anything but a piece of shit that you throw in for a double feature, but I won't lie and say that it's good. The one thing I actually think does work is the score because at times it drowns out the sound of the terrible dialogue.

• Jun 25, 2011

Earlier FRED OLEN RAY . . . The Indian Medicine Man hunts a girl down . . .filling her back with arrows like Buffalo . . . then he SCALPS HER. Forrest J. Ackerman of Famous Monsters of Filmland makes an appearance plugging his Mr. Monster's Movie Gold book. It sucks but its awesome. cool music. Actually Fred Olen Ray went to jail for assault over SCALPS . . . the man at the film-processing plant wouldn't give Fred the negative and Fred punched him.

• Jun 22, 2011

Scalps certainly deserves a spot in any horror fan's video nasty collection, but that doesn't mean it's a title that deserves to be brought out and watched on a regular basis. Full review at <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank"href="http://hotdogsinthedark.com/?p=2403">Hot Dogs in the Dark</a>

• May 29, 2011

Low budget slasher movie was tampered with by investors and therefore has huge gaps in logic but despite this it was enjoyable and gory.

• Mar 26, 2011

Students are possessed by evil native american spirits. Fred Olen Ray's gory outing gives a new meaning to the word cheap. Used to watch this a lot back in VHS days, keeping the DVD for nostalgic reasons.