Sahara Reviews

• Aug 14, 2020

Great flick for those who read any of the novels, sadly this will be lost on more pedestrian viewers, that are too stuck on their own ego.

• Jul 25, 2020

Decent watch, might watch again, but can't recommend unless you're running out of things to watch or are an action archaeology fan. This was a weird attempt created a 2005 version of Indiana Jones, or, since this is in Africa, Alex Quartermaine with Matthew McConaughey, of all people. I'm not aware of Matthew McConaughey or Steve Zahn being big action stars, but they surprisingly manage to handle their own, even if it isn't always believeable. Rainn Wilson and Penelope Cruz get in on the action as well....if that helps. The premise is a little interesting: they're looking for a U.S. Confederate boat in Africa. Because it's not interesting enough on it's own, Penelope Cruz is a doctor trying to stop a plague coming from a war-torn country. It all feels a like ridiculously improbable things happening in a world that is far too realistic rather than a world created of fiction that houses an incredible story. The movie is heavy with plot armor, despite any cleverness the characters have. It's fine to watch, but there has to be something else that you can watch that is likely going to be better.

• Jun 27, 2020

A great cast is let down by the ridiculous script. It makes for a decent but mindless action flick.

• Jun 15, 2020

History has had so many stories that turn out to be partly true after being ignored as myths that I always enjoyed clive cussler and his extrapolation of a story from a simple idea. Fun action movie with some wonderful cheese! Watch it

• Jun 08, 2020

Another McConaughey fiasco, all bluster, no brain and a huge loss of money. Hard to believe that people starve while multiple millions are wasted on junk like this. Great locations, big-budget effects, big music score all wrapped around a trite, silly violent script. No wonder the disappointed novelist sued the movie makers for this mess but to no avail, everybody lost money on this non-event. Seems to be a lot of silly folk in movieland to let this even get past the scripting and production stages. Stay away from this desert if you're looking for a good story - if looking to fill an empty head with a lot of hot air and sand, you've come to the right place. For very easily pleased adults who mislead their kids. If you like McConaughey, try "The Free State Of Jones" for a more honest approach to storytelling and action.

• Feb 27, 2020

Far fetched but fun. Think Mission Impossible and Indiana Jones mixed together in a fun but a little disjointed movie.

• Jan 31, 2020

Yet another movie to add to my list of Great Movies that Critics Hate.

Yet another movie to add to my list of Great Movies that Critics Hate.

• Oct 07, 2019

I liked it! A good performance as always by mcconaughey, and the rest of the cast. A little flawing in the dialogues... but still a good movie :))

• Oct 02, 2019

its not bad, but also its not so good. I liked McConaughey performance

its not bad, but also its not so good. I liked McConaughey performance

• Sep 03, 2019

I and my family love this movie!

I and my family love this movie!