Pride and Prejudice - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pride and Prejudice Reviews

July 18, 2017
The star is actually for Jane Austen, or rather her contribution in this.
July 15, 2017
I read the book, loved it, and still LOVE this portrayal of Pride and Prejudice. The acting is superb, the cinematic elements beautiful, and progress is well-maintained throughout the movie. It's entertaining, sweet, and sigh-inducing.
½ June 15, 2017
Loved the cast, production design, cinematography and editing. Some great filmmaking craft and storytelling on display here. Interesting choices by director Joe Wright and going outside the box a bit compared to typical period films like this.
½ April 21, 2017
A bit different from the original story, but it's a great movie that interests you in some ways.
April 16, 2017
An amazing film with amazing casting. One of the few films which leave the viewer both satisfied yet reflective. Absolutely loved it.
March 14, 2017
Like Elizabeth Bennet, we eventually warm to Matthew MacFadyen's Darcy and come to recognize the depth of character Jane Austen and Joe Wright have bestowed upon him. Keira Knightley is wonderful.
March 12, 2017
Boasting a stellar cast Kiera Knightly, Rosamund Pike, Carey Mulligan, Donald Sutherland etc you can't go to wrong with that.

The story of head strong Elizabeth who has little interest on marriage & enjoys arguing with Mr. Darcy who doesn't seem that focused on marriage also.

Shot beautifully & complimented with terrific score that just takes the film to a deeper level. No doubt this film will largely appeal to female audiences but I still find it interesting & enjoyable.
March 4, 2017
Love this movie so much. Keira did a fantastic job.
February 12, 2017
It's hard to deny that this is a really well-made movie, but I just didn't care about the arc at all. Did lots of work to make Talulah Riley look ugly.
½ February 7, 2017
This didn't compare to the 1995 BBC 6-hour mini series adaptation, but it's pretty good considering it's in the shorter film format.
January 10, 2017
Mediocre adaptation with a lot of pretty faces, which was enough for me.
January 2, 2017
decoruri bune. povestea e trasa de par. nu vad chimia intre ei doi. geoffrey rush a jucat bine .
December 27, 2016
Best movie of all time!
December 13, 2016
Hands down one of my favourites!
November 14, 2016
One of my favourite adaptations ever. It's truly a beautiful film all around.
November 6, 2016
Puntaje Original: 6.0

Cursi, aburrido, sexista. Lo único que se puede rescatar de esta película es el diseño de vestuario y las imponentes locaciones de filmación.
November 2, 2016
One of my favorite adaptations I will watch against n and again. The costumes, music, scenery and acting are exceptional. Hollander captured Mr Collins to perfection. Not sure why Southerland held his hand against his mouth at the end. It was as if he was trying to hold his dentures in.
½ October 17, 2016
Somehow I'd never seen this movie, despite my love of period films! So good. Kiera Knightley is absolutely perfect, as is Matthew MacFadyen as Mr. Darcy. The suspense and delayed gratification build nicely throughout the movie, with such a sweet and satisfying climatic reward at the end.
October 15, 2016
No, I liked the mini series more than this, this is a very light version and performance from the BBC fine production back at 1955.
one thing, here they tried to do a semi- kiss to accelerate the pace a little.
October 1, 2016
Keira Knightley deserved the Oscar for this movie, in my humble opinion. One of the few films I can watch over and over again with just as much joy as the first time I saw it in theaters. Breathtaking cinematography and score. A must-see for Austen fans -- even those stubbornly exclaiming the superiority of the 1995 BBC classic