Pride and Prejudice - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pride and Prejudice Reviews

December 9, 2017
Intricate, non mushy gushy love story. Love it
November 25, 2017
With a great cast, a wonderful score and a sumptuous production design that feels like a travel in time, this is a delightful adaptation that benefits mostly from Austen's dialogue (despite not being as charming as when you read it) and Keira Knightley's strong performance.
½ November 3, 2017
This a truly horrible adaptation of a wonderful novel. It is an equally horrible remake of the 1940 and 1995 movie/TV adaptations.
November 3, 2017
Love this movie so much. Keira did a fantastic job.Love. love.love
October 19, 2017
Favourite movie of all time, not a single bad thing about it.
October 7, 2017
Amazing movie, im in love with every single bit of it!
½ September 4, 2017
Watch the Colin Firth version instead, I give that series 4.5 Stars
September 3, 2017
Words can't describe how much I love this movie. Truly I thought I would hate it and I was blown away by everything. The performances, the cinematography, the costumes, the adapted dialogue... all so so wonderful. Kiera deserved her Oscar nod and I believe Matthew deserved one as well. One of my favorite movies of all time, without a doubt.
½ August 6, 2017
fez eu perder uma partida
July 18, 2017
The star is actually for Jane Austen, or rather her contribution in this.
July 15, 2017
I read the book, loved it, and still LOVE this portrayal of Pride and Prejudice. The acting is superb, the cinematic elements beautiful, and progress is well-maintained throughout the movie. It's entertaining, sweet, and sigh-inducing.
½ June 15, 2017
Loved the cast, production design, cinematography and editing. Some great filmmaking craft and storytelling on display here. Interesting choices by director Joe Wright and going outside the box a bit compared to typical period films like this.
½ April 21, 2017
A bit different from the original story, but it's a great movie that interests you in some ways.
April 16, 2017
An amazing film with amazing casting. One of the few films which leave the viewer both satisfied yet reflective. Absolutely loved it.
March 14, 2017
Like Elizabeth Bennet, we eventually warm to Matthew MacFadyen's Darcy and come to recognize the depth of character Jane Austen and Joe Wright have bestowed upon him. Keira Knightley is wonderful.
March 12, 2017
Boasting a stellar cast Kiera Knightly, Rosamund Pike, Carey Mulligan, Donald Sutherland etc you can't go to wrong with that.

The story of head strong Elizabeth who has little interest on marriage & enjoys arguing with Mr. Darcy who doesn't seem that focused on marriage also.

Shot beautifully & complimented with terrific score that just takes the film to a deeper level. No doubt this film will largely appeal to female audiences but I still find it interesting & enjoyable.
February 12, 2017
It's hard to deny that this is a really well-made movie, but I just didn't care about the arc at all. Did lots of work to make Talulah Riley look ugly.
½ February 7, 2017
This didn't compare to the 1995 BBC 6-hour mini series adaptation, but it's pretty good considering it's in the shorter film format.
January 10, 2017
Mediocre adaptation with a lot of pretty faces, which was enough for me.
January 2, 2017
decoruri bune. povestea e trasa de par. nu vad chimia intre ei doi. geoffrey rush a jucat bine .