Pride and Prejudice - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pride and Prejudice Reviews

November 14, 2016
One of my favourite adaptations ever. It's truly a beautiful film all around.
November 6, 2016
Puntaje Original: 6.0

Cursi, aburrido, sexista. Lo único que se puede rescatar de esta película es el diseño de vestuario y las imponentes locaciones de filmación.
November 2, 2016
One of my favorite adaptations I will watch against n and again. The costumes, music, scenery and acting are exceptional. Hollander captured Mr Collins to perfection. Not sure why Southerland held his hand against his mouth at the end. It was as if he was trying to hold his dentures in.
½ October 17, 2016
Somehow I'd never seen this movie, despite my love of period films! So good. Kiera Knightley is absolutely perfect, as is Matthew MacFadyen as Mr. Darcy. The suspense and delayed gratification build nicely throughout the movie, with such a sweet and satisfying climatic reward at the end.
October 15, 2016
No, I liked the mini series more than this, this is a very light version and performance from the BBC fine production back at 1955.
one thing, here they tried to do a semi- kiss to accelerate the pace a little.
October 1, 2016
Keira Knightley deserved the Oscar for this movie, in my humble opinion. One of the few films I can watch over and over again with just as much joy as the first time I saw it in theaters. Breathtaking cinematography and score. A must-see for Austen fans -- even those stubbornly exclaiming the superiority of the 1995 BBC classic
September 25, 2016
I read the book years ago in college so I don't remember as much to be able to say if this is a very accurate film adaption, but whether it is or not, it is still a great film. From the cinematography to the acting and casting, I very much enjoyed it.
August 17, 2016
It´s my favorite! I´ve watched this thousand times :3
August 4, 2016
Mr. Darcy fever for all woman watcher in the era. Classic cliche romance type .
½ July 25, 2016
what a beautiful movie I have seen! a big surprise but in a very good way.... loved everything about it, Keira knightley carry all the movie, and she does it very well, every minute she appears on screen she is fire....and all the supporiting cast is outstanding too.
this is a love story with such an elegant script and wonderful sets, every shot you see, you have a feeling you are watching something beautiful.
I didn´t think I was going to like this one as I do, but it did it.
highly recommended for everyone who love period and love movies.
June 30, 2016
Best Movie Ever!!??????
June 25, 2016
One of the best romances! Beautifully done and very much alike the book. Great performances by Keira Knightley and Matthew MacFadyen.
½ June 19, 2016
Languistically magical
June 4, 2016
Quite possibly my favorite film of all time. Raised the stakes on what I expect from films of this nature and caused me to fall deeply in love with Keira Knightly. I will sit and watch this movie any time of any day ever, it never grows old and if it plays on television I will sit through the entire film. Can't. Express. My. Love. Enough. IT'S THE BEST.
½ May 30, 2016
Pride and Prejudice is a excellent modern adaptation to Jane Austen novel. Great acting, its fresh, and its enjoyable.
May 28, 2016
I love this movie and find it completely engaging. What a wonderful cast though Mr & Mrs Bennett steal the limelight of any scene they are in
May 14, 2016
It's been a while since I saw Sense and Sensibility but as I remember, the story is basically the same as this. Some posh family try to fix up their daughters with even posher blokes, they seem to bump into each other every time they leave their mansions, write a few letters, fall out, get back together and it all ends happily ever after. Might have been alright but it had Keira Knightly in it.
April 6, 2016
probably the best film adapted from Jane Austen's novel.
March 29, 2016
I am sure many see this as an excellent movie; however, although i certainly appreciate its artistic merits, in terms of overall entertainment value, it is definitely not for me. On the bright side, it appears to be an effective portrayal of the relatively well off in 19th century English society. A lot of witty conversations, class-based match-making, balls and quite formal and structured male-female relations. Difficult to sit through, however, for this viewer. Like the Jane Austen novel that it is based on, definitely very oriented to the female gender.
½ March 26, 2016
"Pride & Prejudice" is a visually stunning period piece that captures the essence of Jane Austen's writing. Unfortunately, if you find Austen's writing to be dry, you will also find it difficult to devote two hours of attention to this dialogue-driven story. Still, there is so much Oscar-nominated visual beauty in this film's production design that everybody will walk away with a positive impression. I was particularly taken with the scene where Elizabeth and standing on the edge of the cliff and during the sunset kiss. The film has a very talented and deep cast with brings a lot of detail to major and minor characters alike. Judi Dench was destined to play the role of Lady Catherine, Brenda Blethyn and Donald Sutherland are a great match as the elder Bennets, Rosamund Pike captures the complexity of Jane, and there is even a young Carey Mulligan as one of the sisters. I've never heard of Tamzin Merchant before (she plays Georgiana Darcy) but she needs to be in more films - her acting was enchanting. Add in actors like Rupert Friend, Kelly Reilly, and Tom Hollander in minor roles and you can see the depth of this cast. Keira Knightley's acting has never been my favorite but it works well for this character. Her very visible emotions provide a good contrast with the purposely emotionless acting of Matthew MacFadyen. My biggest complaint about the film is that I wanted so much more from Mr. Darcy's "affections and wishes" speech. I find this to be one of the most powerfully written moments in literary history but MacFadyen's delivery feels rushed and unemotional. I understand that he is portraying the essence of Darcy's character, even in that heartfelt moment, but this moment should have had me in tears and it totally missed the mark. One thing that absolutely did not miss the mark is the incredible theme developed by Dario Marianelli. He perfectly captures the classical style and incorporates the theme into every important moment of the film. It was certainly more Oscar-worthy than the score to "Brokeback Mountain." Joe Wright seemed like the least likely director to be handed this project but this final outcome is worthy of Austen's acclaimed novel. You can also see the influence of this film's time period and content on his later film, "Atonement." "Pride & Prejudice" is a realistic slice of life from the Classical period and should be viewed for both its interesting visual style and beautiful love story.