Free Zone Reviews

• May 18, 2019

Très symbolique, une mise en scène qui a du sens, des plans rï¿ 1/2 1/2 1/2 (C)flï¿ 1/2 1/2 1/2 (C)chies et une prestation d'acteur qui n'a rien a envier aux autres films qui ont un fort taux de pourcentage ici....Et tout ça c'est dï¿ 1/2 1/2 1/2 (C)jà pas mal si on compare au cinï¿ 1/2 1/2 1/2 (C)ma des millions de dollars qui n'ont pas un dixième de cet effort là.

• Oct 03, 2014

How long will this circle of horror last? Rebecca has a deep appreciation for the Islamic ways despite breaking off a recent engagement with her fiancé. After getting into an argument with her mother in-law, she jumps in a taxi in Jordan with a unique taxi driver. She is female and has her own problems. Neither have anything special to do that day but tell each other their fascinating stories of the events in their life that led to their chance encounter. "The man could only take fifty, fifty from hundreds. I was the fifty-first." Amos Gitai, director of Tsili, Words from Gods, One Day You'll Understand, Eden, Promised Land, and Disengagement, delivers Free Zone. The storyline for this picture is interesting mainly due to the settings and Islamic feel and the acting is very solid. The cast delivers their performances well and includes Natalie Portman, Hana Laszlo, Hiam Abbass, Carmen Maura, Makram Khoury, and Aki Avni. "What did she do?" "She let me have her in her husband's bed." Free Zone is a movie I grabbed off Netflix because it starred one of my all time favorite actresses, Natalie Portman. I will say this movie was interesting from a scenery and sub plot purposes. The overall movie was just okay so I wouldn't go to out of my way to see this, but it is worth watching once. "What do you want to grow?" Grade: C+

• Jun 03, 2013

Diz pouco em muito tempo.

Diz pouco em muito tempo.

• May 30, 2013

Rebecca (Natalie Portman) é uma americana que vive em Jerusalém há alguns meses. Ao entrar no táxi da israelense Hanna (Hana Laszlo), Rebecca aceita acompanhá-la quando esta revela que está a caminho da "zona franca" na Jordânia, local onde pessoas do Iraque, Egito, Síria e Israel circulam livremente, para fazer negócios. Lá a palestina Leila (Hiam Abbass) explica para Hanna sobre o desaparecimento do homem que devia dinheiro a ela e a seu marido. A partir deste momento as três mulheres, de nacionalidades e histórias de vida distintas, deverão manter-se unidas nesta noite em que tudo pode acontecer.

• Jan 12, 2013

no plot, terrible film

no plot, terrible film

• Dec 17, 2012

looks kind of gay but i never noe till i c it (that was so chesye)

looks kind of gay but i never noe till i c it (that was so chesye)

• Sep 30, 2012

well the first 10 minutes were completely insane, the rest of the movie was extremely slow, dull and boring... perhaps it would of been better if it was a palestinian suicide bomber they met at the free zone.. . it would of perhaps made the movie a little shorter. This is one of the worst foreign movies i've seen. Even a great actress like natalie portman couldn't save it from its doom.

• May 12, 2011

Mostly a pretty boring film with great acting. I'm split on this one.

Mostly a pretty boring film with great acting. I'm split on this one.

• Apr 19, 2011

Free Zone's narrative is almost non-existent, though it does have some interesting existential qualities and employs some interesting visual film techniques. Free Zone is essentially a character driven movie and mostly excels at highlighting the extremely palpable tensions between the Israelis and the Palestinians through the view of three women. The movie acts best when viewed as a metaphor, however the story never fully develops the characters and/or their conflicts. The story also never fully resolves (which in itself could be viewed as a statement). I recommend Free Zone mostly for the acting of Hanna Laslo, who shines brightly in her portrayal of Hanna Ben Moshe, a business woman from Israel who goes to Jordan's free zone to pick up money she is owed from a Palestinian? woman and tension quickly escalates between the women who do not trust one another. It marks a sad day when there is so much tension that there is a total break down of communication. IF you are looking for a film that is neat with everything tightly woven and threads neatly resolved, this IS not the movie for you. If you can view it as a metaphor for the tensions of the area and are looking for a glimpse of what a day in the life might be like, you will likely gain something from this film.

• Jan 12, 2011

Whoever thought that Natalie could cry for seven minutes at the beginning and you wouldn't just turn off your tv?