Reviews

• Oct 07, 2014

A Heavily Clichéd Stalk And Slash Movie Which Combines Elements From Halloween 2 & Dark Magic As The Killer Rips Out The Beating Hearts Of His Victims. A Bad Script, Plot & No Tension Is Built Up Successfully. However The Bad Script Doesn't Make The Cast Performances Corny Or Wooden But Merely Just Good Or Acceptable.

• Jan 22, 2014

Yet another one that I just could not force myself to finish.

Yet another one that I just could not force myself to finish.

• Oct 11, 2012

Watch Shocker instead.

Watch Shocker instead.

• Adam M Super Reviewer
    Jun 05, 2012

Average horror about a mental let loose in a hospital. Some killer dude seems to be genuinely evil, like, has powers sent from hell evil. So when he escapes inside a hosptal where he was put after being executed all types of shit starts happening. Although Heartstopper runs along at a decent pace its nothing we haven't seen before and none of the protagonists are that likeable; the main girl appears to be a bit of a slag and the guy that helps her out seems to be a twat! Other than that, theres an appearance from Robert Englund which is probably its only real selling point.

• Feb 02, 2012

*** This review may contain spoilers *** Heartstopper (2006) 10/10 ***WARNING*** Explicit language Possible spoilers... "You have the right to shut the f*ck up!" Directed Bob Keen, best known for working on Dog Soldiers, Event Horizon, & Hellraiser, directs his best in Heartstopper, a supernatural horror slasher starring Robert Englund, Meredith Henderson, James Binkley, & Nathan Stephenson. Heartstopper was one of the best movies I've seen in a while. But at first glance, it was just a normal slasher rehash of Jason and the Friday the 13th series. Possibly Robert Englund's best movie or career move since the Nightmare On Elm Street series, this movie almost certainly eclipses in that popularly acclaimed title if you even go by the standards of cinematics such as believability, cinematography (for the most part excellently handled by David Mitchell), and acting. The plot is similar, and heavy in it's dutiful commitment to the unoriginality of yet another supernatural serial killer in the already over-saturated market. Let's face it though, there's quite a high bar for Heartstopper to meet. To say that it over-qualifies is an understatement. In this movie, we begin with the obvious necessities in horror, the threat of extreme danger in the form of an inmate who has killed quote; "A gazillion" people. It's fairly obvious by the casting of Robert Englund as the sheriff in charge of his execution, the danger is going to be more extreme than we might be ready for. There is a man who we normally fear in charge now, and we feel safe. Seeing the killer, Chambers, in the electric chair is an early satisfaction that this movie will make up for in short time. Next, the character development happens so rapidly, we are almost rooting for the villain for a while. But surely as we get to the scene where the killer's power is revealed, we soon understand that his obsession for human hearts is more than a superficiality or gimmick, it's his superpower. But more than that, it's a metaphor for the wrath of the epitomized sin of humanity, exhibited in the killer's own admittance of motivation, as well as his supposed hidden motive of self-disgust. The camera stays active, although trapped in the halls of an old insane asylum for the duration of the film. But it seems like most of the camera work is done off-screen, where our imaginations are oft lead to go astray in confused assumptive attempts to make sense of what literally seems like at first to be hell on earth. The characters who seem weak, are the ones left at the end, and by now they are strengthened to their maximum giving the heartfelt acting towards the end an extra charge of imminent importance in the wake of the extra-excessive gore effects used in absence of a substantial need for an exaggerated plot. It's simple, it works, and it's scary. As for that old scare factor, though, less attention is put on it than normal for this type of fare. Most of the times that I jumped out of my seat were actually from just the raising tension when I was suspending myself in midair ready to shout "NO! DON'T GO AROUND THAT CORNER!" Thankfully this was a DVD release, and I wasn't blocking anybody's view behind me in a theater. Get your budget dollars ready next time you visit the DVD store. Looking for a showstopper? Get Heartstopper. Your guaranteed to miss at least a beat. "Well, most would call it the stuff of nightmares, I'm afraid." Heartstopper (2006) 10/10

Sylvester K Super Reviewer
    Aug 26, 2011

Confusing plot, predictable progression and fail acting.

Confusing plot, predictable progression and fail acting.

• Feb 09, 2011

It seems a bit dishonest to give Robert Englund top billing; though he's the best part of the movie, he gets killed off too quickly. Otherwise good production values, but still a silly slasher film.

• Feb 02, 2011

heartstopper is a horror film that doesn't reach any new grounds, but it is decent. i was really surprised by the acting, the two main characters do a good job and they seem to really understand one another. there is a good amount of blood but the kills are not clever, its just a maniac talking to someone for 5 minutes and then he rips there heart out with his bare hands. it takes place at a hospital and a severe storm hits and of course there is only two or three nurses in the whole hospital, which doesn't make much sense. an okay horror film featuring a lot of f bombs.

• Nov 04, 2010

Of all the indie horror out there, this one at least has some legs to stand on. It's well made, with decent acting, lots of blood, and a small role for Robert Englund. Granted, the story was nothing original, but at least there was plenty of gore to cover it up.

• Jun 24, 2010

After a failed suicide attempt, a young girl is picked up off the road by an ambulance which is also carrying the body of a recently executed psychopath. But even death is not enough to stop the killer from causing a night of carnage. This is a very silly horror movie indeed. The villain is not explained in the slightest, and you have absolutely idea why he is doing the things he does. The rest of the characters only have the slightest of back-story, and you really don't care if they live or die. The ending just left this reviewer thinking "meh"! The acting is hammy to say the least, and even the presence of the great Robert Englund is not enough to save this hokum. The gore is infrequent, but there are a couple of good set pieces. There a lot better horror movies out there that have the same idea, and even the some of the bad ones are better than this.