Alvin and the Chipmunks - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alvin and the Chipmunks Reviews

½ October 21, 2016
This is an Enjoyable start to the franchise
October 14, 2016
It's stale and predictable, and no modern kids movie would be complete without fart jokes and lazy pop culture references that only adults will understand.
October 4, 2016
Might be the best of all of them, but still a piece of trash!
½ September 28, 2016
Atrocious,abysmal,Overrated Garbage That Doesn't Deserve To exist
September 26, 2016
½ September 17, 2016
To think that three CGI chipmunks are reliable enough to carry any film is a disappointment.
August 27, 2016
From my daughter: "They are hilarious. Dave, their father, and the chipmunks, they get into a whole bunch of trouble. When Dave comes home, he always finds the chipmunks into some mischief. I recommend the movie because it is really really hilarious."
½ August 22, 2016
I had more enjoyment at the dentist getting my cavities fixed.
August 19, 2016
Has it's problems, like it could have used a better script, but I found enjoyment in watching this film.
August 4, 2016
Despite being well-animated and featuring an entertaining performance by David Cross, this movie unfortunately falls flat from both its poorly-executed humor and its tired and gratingly predictable plot.
July 17, 2016
This movie is annoying very very annoying and stupid
½ July 9, 2016
One of the worst kids films of this generation for it's not smart, it's not imaginative, its CG is terrible, and it's definitely not funny.
June 27, 2016
Alvin and the Chipmunks is a wacky and oddball type movie. This movie tries for a silly film, but doesn't really get a silly type film. However, this movie does have a lot of talented actors. I would somewhat suggest this movie.
½ May 27, 2016
The movie is not that bad great, but the movie relies on a mediocre plot at some silly jokes. You might enjoy this movie, if you can avoid those things.
½ May 15, 2016
Paint by numbers formula, and the jokes dont give adults much to chuckle about. Its cute enough, but lacks the charm of the animated series, mostly by trying to be modern, which renders it cheesy. Also, Jason Lee is utterly wasted in this role...
Resonant Line: "David Seville: ALVIN!" (Obviously)
½ May 9, 2016
Its the best out of the 4 and I find it very enjoyable. I really don't see issues.
April 1, 2016
I want a chipmunk now :P some of the scenes are adorable and it's alot of fun to watch
March 27, 2016
Cómo película, es bien, y ya. Sería preferible al buscar por internet "Alvin y las ardillas" que apareciera la matriz: una notablemente superior serie clásica.
March 20, 2016
For as many times as I see this movie since I first saw it: on posters, on shirts, on TV advertisements, I will never understand what this movie is. It has essentially, no concept to go off of, it is literally "Chipmunks sing in annoying voices". That's it, that's what this studio funded. In a way, I have to applaud the screenwriters for this movie, by making a literally unwriteable movie, then writing it three more times.
February 15, 2016
44% - As what people usually say, Alvin and the Chipmunks is not HORRIBLE!!! I mean it is not a great movie or something. But still we should give some credit to the film for its entertainment. Honestly, the movie is not boring. I know there are many problems on the scripting and the development of the story. It also has many silly things that we should care less for. But still there are few laughs that people will enjoy somehow.