11 Harrowhouse Reviews

• Jan 09, 2019

Candice played a strong, cool character. Grodins character and commentary tickled me. Great chemistry between those two. Loved seeing the beautiful, vintage cars. Ending gets pretty wacky. It was a little slower than necessary at times. But not predictable. I will watch it again. Plus, it is awfully quotable. Maybe more people should watch it so we can do that.

• Jan 29, 2011

Enjoyable diamond heist caper with Charles Grodin (who was a co-writer) providing a laid back performance and some sardonic voice over narration. Supporting performances by Candice Bergen, John Gielgud, Trevor Howard and James Mason are good. Also has a wonderful score by Michael J. Lewis.

• Jan 29, 2011

"This is like no robbery you've ever imagined" "THE RISK: Death...THE PLAN: Use amateurs armed with ingenuity, guts, a cockroach, a thin cord, and a vacuum cleaner...THE TASK: Break into the most securely guarded fortress devised by man...THE CHALLENGE: Steal 12 billion dollars in uncut diamonds" With the help of a wealthy widow, an eccentric oil baron, an angry employee (James Mason), and, of course, a cockroach, a talented burglar (Charles Grodin) robs the world's largest clearinghouse for gems. A witty spoof on suspense thrillers. Canduce Bergen plays his lover, and John Gielgud as the mark. Howard R. Chesser: Slow down! You're reckless! Maren Shirell: I'm not reckless, I'm skillful. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Maren Shirell: [talking about her gun] This will stop anything... Howard R. Chesser: From what? Maren Shirell: ...living

• jay n Super Reviewer
    Jan 22, 2011

Breezy little caper comedy with an expert cast and a jaunty pace. Grodin's voice over is a nice touch. Candice Bergen shows her adaptness at comedy years before Murphy Brown.

• Patrick D Super Reviewer
    Jan 08, 2009

A fun and different kind of heist film. Despite only seeing the TV cut, I enjoyed the heck out of it. They even find a reason to have a big car chase near the end, with Candice Bergen at the wheel (!). What's not to like. Aram Avakian brings a sort of quirkiness to it, and it's cool to see the dad from the Beethoven movies in another role.