Fetching Cody Reviews

• Sep 28, 2018

Great film, give it a chance.

Great film, give it a chance.

• Oct 16, 2014

Not entirely sure what I just watched. #netflixsuggested

Not entirely sure what I just watched. #netflixsuggested

• Aug 29, 2014

A surprisingly entertaining film, Fetching Cody falls apart at the hands poor writing. It is a film overly reminiscent of the movie "The Butterfly Effect," an attribute that causes any hope for originality for this film to diminish. It's only saving grace is how lovable its characters are and a decent soundtrack.

• Sep 11, 2013

Amazing movie that anyone interested din time travel should watch. Fun, unexpected, and thought provoking.

• Apr 24, 2012

well done film about how our choices create our world and the impact we have, even when we're not aware and the power of putting someone else's happiness and well being ahead of our own. Very well acted with some great subtle moments of humor. There are some inconsistencies and coincidences that are a bit tough to swallow, but they further the story so they're worth overlooking.

• Jan 04, 2012

This movie has a ton of flaws. It's full of bad acting. The writing is at times awful. The dialogue is even worse. But it has character. It's not necessarily a unique story...many films have featured characters who travel back in time to try and change something (Butterfly Effect, Back to the Future, Groundhog Day, Time Traveler's Wife, etc, etc). Well I actually thought more highly of it when I didn't think about just how many movies like it there were. Regardless, it's art. It's someone telling a story and someone putting it to film on a shoestring budget. Baruchel (Art) is Sarah Lind's boyfriend. Upon finding her in a coma, he begins using a magic recliner to go back in time and try to save her. It's not as easy as it seems. Whereas most of these movies rightfully show how only little change can lead to huge changes in the future, Art simply cannot find the event that he can change to save his girl. Obviously, this is just stupid. Any one of those changes would have led to drastic changes in the present. That's lazy writing. But it's half acceptable because the writers had a bigger point to make, and that was just how far Art would go to save her. Would he give up everything, including ever being in her life to save her? Well, 87 minutes in length, it won't kill you to watch and find out.

• Dec 29, 2011

Same premise as The Butterfly Effect, with near the same ending. Not as memorable, but still enjoyable

• Nov 26, 2011

expectations were low, but it was a sort of cute story and progressed from laughable to endearing. great shots of vancouver. pretty sure no one should ever be named "cody".

• Aug 15, 2011

It was a so true love

It was a so true love

• Aug 10, 2011

this movie is good. i have no reason why it has 1 star.

this movie is good. i have no reason why it has 1 star.