War Child Reviews

• Jul 03, 2010

A moving documentary that provides insight on the horrific problems in Sudan as told by a former child soldier, now music artist. Through old and new footage as well as his music, Emmanuel Jal recounts his story and his return home to see his family.

• Jul 01, 2010

Good simple insight and overview into the political scene in Sudan. I love Emmanuel Jal, and it was wonderful to hear more of his story. Beautiful example of forgiveness & redemption.

• Jun 21, 2010

Though Jal is a very meaningful person and his story is so thoughtful, the film stays as a too self-promotional sense, and I really want to "kill" that director who ruined the whole story, which sold his message of "US is everything"!!! > <"

• Jun 21, 2010

A well-shot documentary, the editing is persecuted well. A powerful movie and this is the first time i can get to know the first-person view from a former child soldier. While watching the movie I didn't feel self-promotional at all, instead i was thinking how touching it is that he's willing to share his traumatic experience with us.

• Nov 28, 2009

Very well documented! It's touching and moving. You will feel what it is like without peace and human rights! If you are a human, then you will definitely shed tears. Besides, his strong music tells stories of voiceless.

• Feb 01, 2009

A very inspiring film that is also very well shot, it will keep you glued to the screen throughout. It gives a history of a conflict, but instead of faceless statistic, focuses on one young man's story, making it so much easier to relate to. War child is definitely worth seeing. Two thumbs up.

• Dec 30, 2008

A moving and stirring documentary that sometimes feels too self-promotional, but a thoughtful story nonetheless.

• Dec 07, 2008

Emmanuel Jal is great!

Emmanuel Jal is great!

• Nov 23, 2008

This was recommended by my friend who lives in south Sudan currently. Moving true story, well constructed (mixing Emmanuel Jal's music and war stories). Give you an insight about what's happening in Sudan.