16 To Life Reviews

• Aug 15, 2019

Fantastically nuanced. Every character adds to the scene just what it needs, but this is definitely a film that gets better the second time. It may take the whole first watch to fall in love with the characters. Hallee Hirsch's endearing and expressive acting carry this film through Kate's wide-eyed innocence, genuine care, curiosity, and blazing intelligence. The opening narration and the scenes where Kate imagines living in the books she's reading, bump this up from 3 1/2 Stars to 4.

• Mar 07, 2014

It was pretty stupid.

It was pretty stupid.

• Nov 21, 2013

A somewhat lame attempt at reprising Mystic Pizza...without the great script or talent.

• Aug 15, 2013

There is little going on, and though the characters seem to have personality and plenty of story behind them, they don't flaunt it in this film. If this movie were a book, I'd read it, because I'm sure each character has incredible thoughts and adventures within this 18-hr plot.

• Aug 11, 2013

i really enjoy these light comedies. it was sweet and the stun gun scene really made me laugh.

• Jul 03, 2012

It's so cool to see a movie that's about women and their lives. Acting is excellent throughout, the script is witty, and the whole movie is deeply fulfilling. Kate is a great character, a teenage girl who goes about freeing herself from her small-town constraints. It's not just about the teenagers, though, because the adults also get to grow and learn. In fact it's the relationship between Kate and Louise that is the heart of the film, one young girl wanting to stretch herself, and her older friend who remembers her own youth as she watches Kate grow and have new experiences.

• Nov 05, 2011

This movie seemed promising at the beginning. Kate (the main character) was relateable but it soon turned into a typical hormonal teenage film where all they worry about is sex and getting kissed.

• Sep 17, 2011

Very cute, a movie about a teenage girl, however it is much more mature than most teen movies.

• Sep 11, 2011

Considering how the movie took place over a day, specifically the heroine, Kate's birthday, it was really entertaining. I didn't know what to expect, but I hadn't expected a sweet story about a girl dealing with her nonexistent lovelife, her friends, and her job.

• Sep 01, 2011

Meh, didn't hold my interest too well.

Meh, didn't hold my interest too well.