29 Palms Reviews

• Aug 03, 2016

Excellent writing and acting. It's very different from most of Hollywood movies. I'm stunned why it doesn't have good rating here.

• Dec 29, 2012

Probably my favourite movie of all time. Hard to believe everyone sees it as stupid, gimmicky and shallow. When I see this I get transported into the world of the movie and by turns feel partly eerie suspense, sympathetic nostalgia and humour at subtextual dialogue. A great movie that I like to re-watch once or twice a year.

• Oct 13, 2012

Am I the only one that actually enjoyed this movie, simple plot, not original, but very well executed, ehem....

• May 31, 2012

A poorly made film. This plays like a bad copy of an even worse Tarrantino film.

• Dec 18, 2009

Despite a horrible career for Chris O'Donnell, 29 Palms was simply one of the most enjoyable movies I've seen in a long time. His performance along with a superb supporting cast consisting of Keith David (They Live, Marked for Death) Michael Rapaport (True Romance, Higher Learning) and Michael Lerner(For Richer For Poorer, Newsies) were perfect for this film.

• Aug 13, 2009

I love the visual aesthetics in this movie. And for two dollars I believe it was a great investment.

• Jun 15, 2009

Jeremy Davies as The Drifter. Chris O’Donnell as The Hit Man. Michael Rapaport as The Cop. Rachel Leigh Cook as The Waitress. Bill Pullman as The Ticket Clerk. Russell Means as The Chief. If you think having a cast of nameless characters is way cool and super nifty then you’ll probably dig this too quirky for its own good crime caper. If you think it’s kinda lame and Tarrantino wannabeish then you’ll probably roll your eyes a lot like I did. The flick has its moments (Bill Pullman, mustacheless Jon Polito, and Keith David are a wholelottafun) but the film is another one of those pretentious pretender crime films from the 90s like 2 Days In The Valley and Truth or Consequences N.M. Back to film school you go. VF.

• Apr 17, 2009

Not that well known but quite good...

Not that well known but quite good...

• Aug 04, 2008

This is the story of a bag of money and the people who come into contact with it.

• Jun 07, 2008

In a movie where only one (maybe two) characters have a name, and everyone is trying to kill each other and get a duffle bag full of money, Keith David steals the show as a small town sheriff. But, the rest of the movie is quite fun and silly as while, and I think it's one of Jeremy Davies best work (and one of his few starring roles, he is the main character), and everyone works very well. The action is staged well, but there is little of it, it's mostly about the chase.