Acts of Worship Reviews

• Jun 30, 2013

It was one of many recovery theme movies that I added to my library. While shows like "28 Days" portray a more pop culture interpretation of addiction, this movie was the first I saw that got itself raw & dirty; real. Since then I have been exposed to some others, "Trainspotting," "Requiem for a Dream," which were truly incredible cinematic experiences.

• Apr 03, 2012

Heart wrenching, honest look at addiction and the struggles that continue regardless on one's stage of recovery. Beautifully filmed, wonderfully acted for low budget.

• Apr 03, 2012

Reeder's performance is amazing-but drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs. Plot became pretty predictable.

• Apr 03, 2012

Amazing job, especially for a first film! Captures a very realistic vision of homelessness and addiction in the Lower East Side of Manhattan.

• Apr 03, 2012

my favorite movie of all time, an honest look at addiction without all the holleywood hype.

• Apr 03, 2012

In depth look at addiction (no shallow romanticising or shock and awe stuff).. A story of friendship, hope and grief... Never seen such an honest portrayal of drug addiction.

• Apr 03, 2012

The actors squeezed every bit of good drama they could into this awful after school special script.

• Apr 03, 2012

Amazing story! A very realistic look at addiction from the eyes of an addict and someone in recovery. It really brought out the struggle to find some way to escape their loneliness and pain.

• Apr 03, 2012

it portrayed the life of drugs so realistically and showed how much it can control a persons life.

• Apr 03, 2012

Excellent portrayal of addiction through the eyes of an addict and someone in recovery and their shared struggle to escape the profound pain and loneliness we all feel inside.