Addicted to Love Reviews

• Jun 15, 2020

Humorous and sad, if you're a stalker spy like me, but not enough vengeance.

Humorous and sad, if you're a stalker spy like me, but not enough vengeance.

• Sep 18, 2017

Adorable Avenging Quirky Love Stories.

Adorable Avenging Quirky Love Stories.

• May 29, 2017

Ryan and Broderick and the soundtrack somehow manage to make a creepy as fuck premise (two exes set up across the street to stalk the people who dumped them, set up a camera and sound recording, commit credit card fraud, pickpocketing, assault, housebreaking - to touch their things, have sex in their house, and fuck with the new relationship by planting false evidence, even going so far as to *wear the damn false evidence before planting it* (actual quote: "authenticity!" ... ew.) - because they REALLYREALLYREALLY don't deal with rejection well) seem *almost* sweet. Except that you keep coming back to "... jesus, when you ignore the music and the 'quirkiness' of the characters, this is a fucking horrifying movie for the two completely unaware stalkees." No surprises, everybody is with the "right" person in the end, Meg Ryan cracks a REALLY weird boy/dog sex joke to really up the "this IS a quirky romcom and not a creepy horror show, right?" vibe, and somehow neither of the stalkers goes to prison. AND YET I really enjoy watching this movie. I think it's because while Ryan and Broderick come across as reality-challenged possessive assholes, Tcheky Karyo is just a load of fun to watch. He starts off as just another asshole but watching him descend into poverty, misery and affliction until he's a weeping, sobbing wreck is - well, it just hits a weird combination of notes of both amusing and sympathy-arousing. I ended up really liking the guy by the end, despite what a complete asshole he was in the beginning (girlfriend stealing, oversharing sex story talking, weeeeeeeeird sexual fetish revolving around skulls...) In short it's a very lighthearted and fun little watch, if you're willing to *completely* forego thinking about it. At all. Which hey, there's a billion summer blockbusters out there whose excuse for being terrible is "we're just mindless fun!", so I'm willing to let Addicted to Love use the same reasoning.

• Nov 04, 2015

That was a little pathetic, but I like watching that movie.

That was a little pathetic, but I like watching that movie.

• May 03, 2015

More than goes around the bend but nothings there.

More than goes around the bend but nothings there.

• Feb 19, 2015

Je comprend pourquoi on a jamais entendu parle de ce film-la... C'est lourd. J'ai rarement vu quelque chose d'aussi mauvais.

• Feb 12, 2015

Une comédie romantique plutôt banale, mais tout de même agréable à regarder. On ne réinvente pas la roue, c'est souvent cliché, mais y'a des idées intéressantes qui font de la chose un moment bien correct.

• Dec 08, 2014

Great cast in an enjoyable story.

Great cast in an enjoyable story.

• Jun 18, 2014

El actor Griffin Dunne dirige este "chick-flick" de una manera tan descuidada que revela su falta de experiencia en el oficio. Actuaciones mediocres, situaciones aburridas... Toda una cinta sin carisma.

• Red L Super Reviewer
    Jun 07, 2014

It is funny. A little dark (spying on your ex), but funny.

It is funny. A little dark (spying on your ex), but funny.