The Adjustment Bureau - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Adjustment Bureau Reviews

½ January 12, 2017
Mind bending and fun watch!
January 3, 2017
Not a good movie to watch
January 1, 2017
MADE OUT TO LAST TILL THE MOVIE INDUSTRY LAST !
November 1, 2016
One of my all time favourite guilty pleasures. Tackling themes of free will and predetermination and blending them with a good old fashioned love story, the film really succeeds on the brilliant casting. The leads really sparkle and the chemistry between them is palpable.
It may be a little formulaic, it may slow the pace in parts, but I could honestly watch this film anytime I'm stuck for something to watch.
September 26, 2016
Not what I expected at all. A science fiction romance pretty much. I was pretty confused but it wasn't too bad. Matt Damon and Emily Blunt have great chemistry. All in all a decent watch
September 25, 2016
A very heartwarming movie which i will definitely be watching again. Very interesting and unique plot with great chemistry between Matt Damon and Emily Blunt. You must watch this!
September 13, 2016
I'm going to put aside my wanting the sci-fi aspect to have a more prominent role. Whenever they jump forward in time, it's abrupt, and it would change tone. It also feels like they were trying to fit 2-3 movies into one (but ironically, it's based off a short story!) All the actors give excellent performances, the direction is near perfect, the cinematography is astounding and some of the best/my favorite I've ever seen. Matt Damon and Emily Blunt also have good enough chemistry. It's not perfect, but it's also not given the chance to fully develop. I guess the main problem is the writing, and I don't feel like the directing had much to do with the problems I have. I also wish the ending had a bit more of a payoff, but that's mostly because I wanted the sci-fi to have a more prominent role. I think this will be a highly re-watchable movie.
August 21, 2016
Decent, kinda predictable
August 20, 2016
Interesting concept for a film but delivered in a smarmy, completely clichéd 'love actually' kind of style. Bleoughhhh! Sorry gal but Emily Blunt's acting in this was dreadful. British stereotype, For God's sake, pronounce the word 'can't' properly and stop playing up to some cheap perception of what British (English, in this case) is all about.
August 16, 2016
De uma linguagem fácil, trilha sonora empolgante e uma química forte entre o Matt Damon e a Emily Blunt, Os Agentes do Destino é um romance com ficção científica rápido e super envolvente. Além disso, o enredo é de apelo universal, o que contribui para o sucesso da narrativa mesmo que o filme faça parte de um subgênero nem sempre apreciado por todos.
½ August 11, 2016
This gives you something to think about: free well against just obeying the superior plan, getting over all the obstacles to have a real partner and to feel "enough" risking everything against fulfilling the hole in your heart with other dreams, i was touched! despite the traditional ending of " true love's kiss will end all the horrors" the performance from the actors is great.
July 25, 2016
***
It's perfectly fun entertainment with a sweet romance in the middle. Just not much more.
½ July 14, 2016
Very intense and interesting throughout. Definitely kept my attention.
½ July 13, 2016
The Adjustment Bureau is a very problematic movie. It is admittedly very original in its mix of science fiction and romance genres, the themes are interesting and the characters are solid. But whereas it thoroughly succeeds as a romance as the chemistry between its leads is palpable and their scenes are sweet, it doesn't succeed as a sci-fi movie because its themes aren't properly explored and the movie is so odd tonally as it never decides what it wants to be - serious and dangerous or comedic and light.
July 11, 2016
Enjoyed it, liked the story, liked the acting.
½ June 10, 2016
Though it doesn't exactly explain itself entirely (more room for fan theories), Damon and Blunt have amazing chemistry and make this underrated sci fi thriller worth watching.
June 9, 2016
Before watching, I didn't know what this movie was about all. Therefore, the whole idea of the Adjustment Bureau makes this movie different and attention gripping. I love the originality of the plot and enjoyed every moment of the film.
½ June 6, 2016
The movie has multiple tones, but the movies succeeds with the chemistry between the two leads.
½ May 29, 2016
When I watched the Adjustment Bureau I had no idea what to expect but what I got was a brilliantly original, different film that raised some sad and thought provoking questions about life and the human race. The score was great and Matt Damon and Emily Blunt's chemistry grew as the film progressed. Nolfi didn't take the easy way out either he chose a bold ending that also brought the story [almost] full circle.
½ May 23, 2016