The Adjustment Bureau - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Adjustment Bureau Reviews

June 24, 2017
Starts well but expected more at the second part of the movie...
½ May 31, 2017
The Adjustment Bureau joins "In Time" and "Limitless" as another 2011 quasi-sci-fi movie that feels like it could have been better. It's adequate, but nothing more and certainly not the deep, mysterious experience that it feels like it should be.
½ May 15, 2017
good story, si misto ideea cu palaria care deschide usi si cartea in care sunt versiuni ale planului live. finalul este simplist, dar povestea ma tine sa vad ce se intampla.
½ May 6, 2017
Actually two of my favorite actors. Have watched the movie 2 times now and love the message.
April 9, 2017
MK: 3/5. Silly and Inception-Lite, but still quite sweet.
March 23, 2017
Sappy and not much edge but has some pretty cool ideas and had me on the edge of my seat multiple times.
½ March 5, 2017
Tackling themes of love, fate and free will 'The Adjustment Bureau' is a real mish-mash of genres.. being a romance, a sci-fi and a thriller all in fairly equal measures. However, it does seem to work and they all fit together quite well.
The concept is a clever one and something for the mind to mull over well after you have turned it off (or left the cinema). The idea of fate is a frequently used subject and is nicely done in this, even allowing some footing for those that wish to take a religious angle to it.
The thing that carries the film is the chemistry between the two leads. Both are very watchable and their connection is very believable, making Matt Damon's life decisions all the more plausible.
The other players are good too. A nice controlled performance from Anthony Mackie (now a much bigger name in Hollywood, thanks to the Avengers franchise) and a wonderful turn from Terrence Stamp (perfect casting).
The pacing is one of the few things that let this movie down. I can see why some things were done the way they were, as the story did seem to require it. The leaps forward in time where necessary to help the audience understand the narrative and to aid the plot, but they made the film a bit fractured in places.
The story gathers pace several times throughout only to then suddenly slow to a crawl. I found this frustrating as I was quite involved and had been successfully taken along for the ride. This happened all too often and really detracts from the other elements of the film. The ending is a prime example of this in that it builds to a peak, only to 'level off' and finish quite abrubtly, rather than the ultimate finale that we expect.
Nonetheless.. I did enjoy it and would recommend it to others, if only for a new and interesting take on the control we have over our own destiny.
February 24, 2017
Cool door transitions
½ February 19, 2017
A lot better than I thought it would be
½ January 12, 2017
Mind bending and fun watch!
January 3, 2017
Not a good movie to watch
January 1, 2017
MADE OUT TO LAST TILL THE MOVIE INDUSTRY LAST !
November 1, 2016
One of my all time favourite guilty pleasures. Tackling themes of free will and predetermination and blending them with a good old fashioned love story, the film really succeeds on the brilliant casting. The leads really sparkle and the chemistry between them is palpable.
It may be a little formulaic, it may slow the pace in parts, but I could honestly watch this film anytime I'm stuck for something to watch.
September 26, 2016
Not what I expected at all. A science fiction romance pretty much. I was pretty confused but it wasn't too bad. Matt Damon and Emily Blunt have great chemistry. All in all a decent watch
September 25, 2016
A very heartwarming movie which i will definitely be watching again. Very interesting and unique plot with great chemistry between Matt Damon and Emily Blunt. You must watch this!
September 13, 2016
I'm going to put aside my wanting the sci-fi aspect to have a more prominent role. Whenever they jump forward in time, it's abrupt, and it would change tone. It also feels like they were trying to fit 2-3 movies into one (but ironically, it's based off a short story!) All the actors give excellent performances, the direction is near perfect, the cinematography is astounding and some of the best/my favorite I've ever seen. Matt Damon and Emily Blunt also have good enough chemistry. It's not perfect, but it's also not given the chance to fully develop. I guess the main problem is the writing, and I don't feel like the directing had much to do with the problems I have. I also wish the ending had a bit more of a payoff, but that's mostly because I wanted the sci-fi to have a more prominent role. I think this will be a highly re-watchable movie.
August 21, 2016
Decent, kinda predictable
August 20, 2016
Interesting concept for a film but delivered in a smarmy, completely clichéd 'love actually' kind of style. Bleoughhhh! Sorry gal but Emily Blunt's acting in this was dreadful. British stereotype, For God's sake, pronounce the word 'can't' properly and stop playing up to some cheap perception of what British (English, in this case) is all about.
August 16, 2016
De uma linguagem fácil, trilha sonora empolgante e uma química forte entre o Matt Damon e a Emily Blunt, Os Agentes do Destino é um romance com ficção científica rápido e super envolvente. Além disso, o enredo é de apelo universal, o que contribui para o sucesso da narrativa mesmo que o filme faça parte de um subgênero nem sempre apreciado por todos.
½ August 11, 2016
This gives you something to think about: free well against just obeying the superior plan, getting over all the obstacles to have a real partner and to feel "enough" risking everything against fulfilling the hole in your heart with other dreams, i was touched! despite the traditional ending of " true love's kiss will end all the horrors" the performance from the actors is great.