The Adventures of Huck Finn Reviews

• Dec 19, 2020

I love The adventures of Huck and Finn. I have never seen it before. It is of course from Disney and the film stars Elijah wood as Huckleberry Finn. Elijah wood did a really good job in the motion picture. Definitely one of Elijah's best roles. I am a fan of the classic Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn stories and Elijah wood really pulls it off in the movie. Such a good one. I definitely recommend it.

• Oct 06, 2020

This movie based on Mark Twain's best novels was pretty good. Elijah Wood, Courtney B. Vance, Robbie Coltrane, Jason Robards, Anne Heche, and the rest of the cast did a great job in this movie. The plot to the movie was dramatic, entertaining, and adventurous. It's about doing the right thing for a good friend. If you haven't seen this movie yet, check it out sometime. It's worth watching.

• Sep 27, 2020

A pretty mad film. First off, I did enjoy 'The Adventures of Huck Finn'. The main reason for that is Elijah Wood, who is honestly tremendous in the role of Huckleberry Finn. I've only, as of recently, seen Wood in his adult years, this is the best performance I've seen from him; I'm yet to watch 'The Lord of the Rings', admittedly. Away from Wood, there are a few other strong cast members. Courtney B. Vance is impressive as Jim, while Jason Robards (The King) and Robbie Coltrane (The Duke) are a good double act. I very much like the cast. Onto the story. It's kinda bonkers. It goes from being sombre, to being funny, to being serious, back to sombre, back to funny etc. It's very up and down in that sense, the first and third acts are rather heavy but the middle act is as silly as it could possibly be really. It has a very mixed feel about it, amidst the overall arc of slavery. There is definitely a positive message in there, particularly with Finn and Jim. It's just muddled in with comedy, somewhat oddly. All that matters, though, is did I feel entertained by it? Yes, quite easily so. A film to watch, certainly. Worth noting I am the opposite of book smart (aim to change that at some point!), despite knowing the name of the title character I've never read the book by Mark Twain. Therefore I couldn't tell you if it does Twain's work justice, or how it relates to it.

• Feb 09, 2020

The Adventures Of Huck Finn stays close to the book while delivering a solid performance.

• Dec 14, 2018

Whenever a book is adapted into a movie, there are sacrifices and interpretations that must be made because the totality of the written work cannot possibly be translated to the screen. These choices can become exceptionally difficult when the work is one as widely-read and well-beloved as Mark Twain's The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. For this latest filmed version, Stephen Sommers' script is faithful in spirit -- if not in all the details -- to the original. Much of Twain's keen insight into human nature, as well as his finely-tuned sense-of-humor, is kept intact in Disney's 1993 The Adventures of Huck Finn. It should be noted, however, that significant chunks of the novel are missing, including the bulk of the ending, and the character of Tom Sawyer doesn't make an appearance. While it's easy to debate the merits of what was cut, the final result manages to convey a good sense of the book's scope.

• Nov 22, 2018

• Oct 19, 2018

a good, heart warming tale of one of the most iconic characters in the world. I'm a fan of Elijah wood, and this movie very much falls under the description of enjoyable and entertaining to watch. five stars all the way!

• Jun 04, 2018

This movie is odd. It's a Disney kid's film that is often appealing to that audience through goofy music, simple emotions and light humor. However, it's also surprisingly dark in its themes and overtly violent in its action. The combination of Disney and Twain just don't quite rub together well...however, Wood is perfectly cast, Vance connects with each of his scenes with great heart, and Sommers does a good job of bringing this world to us. Tonally illogical? Sure...but otherwise, not half bad.

• Feb 06, 2017

A worthwhile adaption of the original story

A worthwhile adaption of the original story

• Nov 13, 2015

Great family entertainment and kudos to the performance of young Elijah Wood.

Great family entertainment and kudos to the performance of young Elijah Wood.