Africa Screams Reviews

• Apr 12, 2018

Not their best but average Abbott and Costello is still pretty good. I just hope the smoking scenes have not damaged me for life. Why wasn't I warned???!!!

• Feb 23, 2018

It is definitely worth the watch if you are into old-fashioned comedies from the earlier days of film. Abbott and Costello do a fine job giving many great laughs. But, like so many films from the early era the ending is a bit rushed and a somewhat of a letdown. Besides that, I found myself being fully entertained nearly all the way through. If you can stand watching black and white films and take the year it was made into perspective, I think you will surely appreciate this film.

• Mar 09, 2014

Mildly amusing Abbott & Costello comedy. The zaniness gets a bit much, but the duo is still quite fun to watch.

• May 10, 2013

A funny little vehicle with some great laughs and gags. The "Romance" between Costello and a gorilla is hilarious. The ending is both a shock and a gigantic punchline!

• Oct 16, 2012

Classic Abbott & Costello!

Classic Abbott & Costello!

• Jul 17, 2012

DAmn I love this movie. hope there is more.

DAmn I love this movie. hope there is more.

• Apr 01, 2012

Consistently amusing Abbott and Costello caper with a number of effective gags.

Consistently amusing Abbott and Costello caper with a number of effective gags.

• Feb 22, 2012

Since the birth of film, many brands of comedy come and go. And some acts from all eras stick in the consciousness of the public, and become legends. One such legendary comedy group is Abbott & Costello, who work together again here for "Africa Screams!" Is it corny? Yes. Is it Abbott & Costello's finest work? No. Does that make it a bad movie? Of course not. While their Africa seems to take on a lot of characteristic's of South America's Amazon Jungle, indicative of it's age and the public awareness at the time, it still has it's share of laughs, and is fun to watch at any time. Not groundbreaking, but fun. And sometimes a movie needs to be that. If you like comedy, I'd suggest you watch "Africa Screams!"

• Jan 14, 2012

I loved this A&C as a kid. Lou as the lion tamer is a classic. Its strange to see how they thought of animals back in the 50's compared to today tho. With Shemp as the blind sharp shooter & Joe Besser as the complaining assistant (they both made Lou look like a genius lol.)

• Aug 31, 2011

A silly and somewhat entertaining Abbott and Costello romp, but this is definitely not one of the duo's best movies. A lot of these jokes are recycled from the team's radio sketches and the rest of it seems oddly controlled and timid. Costello's best moments are when he is totally unleashed, free to chew up the script and his surroundings, but there are just one or two moments like that here, and by the end he just looks bored. Clyde Beatty (real life lion tamer) and Frank Buck (world class hunter) make appearances at the duo's expense, and these lead to some of the most genuine laughs in the picture.