Murder Is Easy Reviews

• Jun 17, 2018

A quaint movie based on an Agatha Christie Novel featuring the late Bill Bixby, the late Helen Hayes, the great Olivia D'Haviland & the beautiful Leslie-Anne Downes & taking place in a picturesqe English village, Wytchwood-on-Ashe. A nice, "feel good" movie & part of a series of re-worked Agatha Christie novels into movies produced by Stan Margulies, featuring lovely locales and famous actors and actresses. This is among my most favorite as the English country-side and small town portrayed are just exquisite.

• Aj V Super Reviewer
    Sep 06, 2010

A good murder mystery from Agatha Christie, it has a good cast, and I really liked it.

• May 13, 2010

This TV movie could have been in theatres, I don't know why it wasn't. Bixby is cute as the American who just has to figure out who the killer is because it defies his theory of probability and chance or whatever. The movie is exciting, it's got action, and trying to figure out the mystery is part of the fun.

• Sep 12, 2009

Murder is Easy is reset into then-contemporary times while maintaining the basic premise and plot of the story. Some names have also been changed, Miss Pinkerton becomes Miss Fullerton, and Luke Fitzwilliams, a retired police officer, becomes Luke Williams, a mathematician and author. While Freddy Jones is good in his role as the constable, Bill Bixby is miscast as the hero of the story. And Lesley-Anne Down, lovely as she is, has played the spoiled aristocrat way too often. One might Bixby to tell her, "Don't make me angry, you don't want to see me angry," but that's a different program altogether. This is a TV movie, so some expected cheesy music and scenes are present, cheapening one of Agatha Christie's best Poirot and Marple-less novels.

• Aug 04, 2009

Lesley-Anne Down is so lovely mmm

Lesley-Anne Down is so lovely mmm

• jay n Super Reviewer
    Oct 19, 2008

Even though it belies its TV origins a very enjoyable mystery with a very good cast, Lesley-Anne Down is lovely even stuck in some really awful 80's fashions.