American Cowslip Reviews

• Mar 27, 2013

One of my favorite movies, if not my favorite! I want to watch it over and over again. Its the happiest drug movie i've ever seen. I love the bottom line of the movie: do what makes you happy no matter what all those other dumb fuckers think!

• Mar 17, 2012

A Great Great Great MOVIE!

A Great Great Great MOVIE!

• Nov 19, 2011

I liked the movie a great deal..I am wanting to see it again...It is not a Fast Food production, as in a throw together movie,,,this movie is good and the characters are intertwined in their lives even though they may not know it...It is a good dry comedy too. I agree this movie may not be appreciated by everyone, but, I liked it much...

• Jul 14, 2011

More messy than quirky low budget comedy, original but borderline boring, which is too bad because there were some great ideas there.

• Jun 15, 2011

Wow, that was terrible. I saw no redeeming qualities to this scatter-brained snooze fest that seems to forget about the plot it started with. Encourage someone you hate to watch this and it'll be sweet revenge.

• Jun 07, 2011

great film but def not 4 everyone

great film but def not 4 everyone

• Dec 29, 2010

Too strange for me. Not a lot of comedy. Val Kilmer was not nearly as funny or outstanding as he could of been, it was almost like he sat on the sidelines in this movie.

• Nov 25, 2010

Although i enjoyed the characters quirky strange aspects and they were played well I just couldn't make it through the 1hr 50mins of the film. Perhaps its a culture thing. I'm usualy a fan of dark comedies but this failed to please. In the end fast-forwarded it to get the gist and ending.

• Oct 21, 2010

This movie was rather superb, a perfectly odd twisted movie ... it left me with a rather deep feeling inside*really I was rather moved by the deepness within the story* ... I wouldn't have any idea how to categorize this movie because it's really out there at times! but I loved it corkyness and all! I think you have to have an appreciation for really odd movies to get this one! I don't even have a clue what to compare it to!! lol

• Oct 06, 2010

I loved American Cowslip. It was shot beautifully - the vibrant colors complemented the insanity of the characters & the twisted world of Ethan Inglebrink. The cast was great - an amazing ensemble of neighbors and enemies, hilarious performances by Rip Torn and Val Kilmer. Not since "Fear and Lothing" have I seen the darkness of drugs and addiction portrayed in such a chaotic yet humorous light. Ronnie Gene Blevins was awesome as Ethan, he plays such a loveable fuck-up, you really root for him in his ridiculous quest to sustain or escape his life.