Annie Get Your Gun Reviews

• May 29, 2019

Annie Get Your Gun has always been and continues to be one of my personal favorite golden age of cinema musicals. Betty Hutton steals the show with an outstanding and unforgettable performance as Annie Oakley and the music is iconic. This movie holds up pretty well (despite some small political incorrectness by modern standards) and is well worth your time nearly 70 years later!

• Jan 26, 2019

The best musical movie ever made! With the best movie character ever portrayed: Betty Hutton as Annie Oakley! And 2 of the best movie songs ever sung: Anything You Can Do and There's No Business Like Show Business!

• Jul 30, 2017

I'm not a great fan of musical, but this movie was still bearable. As for a modern viewer the horribly racist portrayal of native americans was painfull to look at.

• Aug 01, 2016

Great music, but dated now so it comes across somewhat racist and sexist. Also it feels like it is filmed more as a stage production rather than as a film adapted from the stage.

• Feb 29, 2016

Likeable musical apart from the fact Betty Hutton shouts her way through what is essentially a romance, so much so it can get a little overbearing after a while. It's not one for animal lovers too, they shoot birds out of the sky frequently and with much merriment.

• Dec 13, 2014

so the song that mary jane sang on spiderman 3 was from this movie apperently

so the song that mary jane sang on spiderman 3 was from this movie apperently

• Nov 30, 2014

It is very tuneful musical that has plenty of fun and charm about it

It is very tuneful musical that has plenty of fun and charm about it

• Jul 01, 2014

This MGM-er is so good, including Betty Hutton. BUT - I can't help to always wonder how great it would've been with Judy. Oh well. Still a treat.

• Apr 20, 2014

"I can do anything better than you!"

"I can do anything better than you!"

• Feb 05, 2014

Annie Get Your Gun is an amazing film. It is about the story of the great sharpshooter, Annie Oakley, who rises to fame while dealing with her love/professional rival, Frank Butler. Betty Hutton and Howard Keel give fantastic performances. The screenplay is well written. George Sidney did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the music and humor.