Antz - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Antz Reviews

½ July 30, 2016
Ok this is not a bad film in any way but it's by no means a good film either, I'm not a fan of Woody Allen and his voice doesn't fit this film, Kids will love it but it's just not funny, There's not many funny moments there's abit more adult humour than most animated films, The story was good but it's just not funny compared to A Bugs Life and other films in the Dreamworks catalogue.
July 25, 2016
Animated Woody Allen may seem like a questionable choice for PDI/DreamWorks Animation's first film, as it isn't as truly funny or universally applicable as it should be, but every part of its CG world fits together perfectly, and the whole cast builds on it in equal measure.
½ July 22, 2016
What if you got a copy of A Bug's Life and you left a copy alone, took another copy, a DreamWorks movie like Shrek or Spirit, and you'd mix it up a notch, you would have the mixed-up film, Antz, the movie that should get mixed reviews. And a streaming pile of funny, exciting, and just a plain fine Phineas-and-Ferb-style with average visuals, witty jokes, gross-out jokes, smart jokes, slapstick jokes, innenuendo jokes, just a lot of really, really, mixed up gags taped together to a mix-up of an ant movie.
July 22, 2016
Two Thumbs Up Siskel And Ebert
½ July 12, 2016
I've seen Antz once as a kid and now once as an adult, and I enjoyed it both times. While it's simple and fairly short, I think it's pretty sharp and entertaining. A nice way to use insects to poke fun at society, but in a light way that kids could watch this movie with parents and both be entertained. I really, really enjoy the voice cast. I think it's great that it's star-studded and really adds to the entertainment value for me. The story itself is simple and has been done in other similar films over the years, like "A Bug's Life" and "Bee Movie", but its still enjoyable to take in once in a while.
July 10, 2016
This movie is legit garbage screw you critics it should be rotten and a 22% for crying out loud. This movie sucks and is an a bugs life rip off.
½ July 7, 2016
esta pelicula es una basura,dreamworks se hizo popular con shrek, esta pelicula no cuenta a mi no me gusto porque ya se era 1998 y dreamworks no tenia mucho dinero para producir una pelicula de animación 3D, esta bien que sea una pelicula animada oscura pero por lo menos que tenga buena animación, esta pelicula es muy aburrida,todos dicen que bichos es una copia de esta pelicula porque salieron en el mismo año y trataban de lo mismo pero bichos inicio primero la producción entiendan bichos inicio primero la produccion y la direccion y esta pelicula aburrida solo salio primero, bichos es mil veces mejor esta pelicula es basura,basura y mala.
June 22, 2016
This movie was my 1st cinematic experiance in Theaters.
June 7, 2016
Dumb, boring and plain ANTZ is the type of movie with a good plot but with bad writing, illustration and directing.
April 22, 2016
UPDATE 4/22/16 I thought Antz was a cute, clever flick for the kids, with a little bit of adult humor. Many people say this movie is deep to the political propaganda, but I don't see it. I've sworn I seen that in other kids movies.

For Dreamworks' first animated movie, and being the second computer-animated film to be released in theaters after Toy Story, they did an excellent attempt at competing with Disney.

Compared to A Bug's Life, I think Pixar's movie is slightly better. But out of curiosity, It won't hurt to give this film a chance.
April 10, 2016
I love this film. One of my childhood favorites!
½ March 29, 2016
While it may be a little too ambitious for it's own good, Antz is a stellar debut for Dreamworks Animation that brings both charming characters for kids and a strong politically charged story for adults.
½ March 25, 2016
Aún hoy día sigue siendo una de las mejores de Dreamworks... y vaya que les costará hacer algo mejor! Esta es una gran película!
½ February 25, 2016
A classic kid movie.
February 13, 2016
Woody Alan is funny in this movie I consider this movie to be a comedy. My favorite characters were Z, and Weaver. Woody Alan played Z.
This is a funny movie to watch!
January 28, 2016
not a terribel film, very decent.
½ January 24, 2016
for 1998:

another animated masterpiece of my childhood
DreamWorks has made a funny, heartfelt mircoscopic adventure starring a diminuitive insect
it's Woody Allen being Woody Allen playing an ant named Z who feels so insignificant being tired of a daily routine he was born into
the film is both for kids and adults when it comes to the zippy animation to the crude jokes
it also has the element of discussing the change in the social order when one individual breaks away
Z asks what if I don't like my place, can I defend myself, is individualism a good thing or dangerous, why does everyone have to follow the same orders?
this is a really impressive cast too from Jennifer Lopez to Gene Hackman to Sylvester Stallone to Christopher Walken to Sharon Stone
it's not the strongest who make up the colony it's everybody
I love the score too
this movie says you can choose your own path without the birth placement letting it decide for you
January 23, 2016
One of the best animated movies!
January 16, 2016
Watched it again after 8 years.... Will watch it again right now! Truly captivating!
½ January 12, 2016
Not sure why the audience rating is so low- I enjoyed this thoroughly as a kid and the second viewing at 17 produced the same reaction.