Antz - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Antz Reviews

November 12, 2017
After watching this film recently, I have slightly stronger feelings for it. What really works is the political satire behind it. The question of "Should each individual follow others paths vs Should each individual go by what they believe in" is one of the most influential messages I have ever seen in an animated film. The characters are also interesting too (Woody Allen as Z is one of his best works). Heck even the animation is done well. While it is sub-par by today's standards, it was very revolutionary for its time. What doesn't work however is the character animation done on the insects, particularly the ants themselves. They seem more human-like than I would want them to be. Then again, that could be attributed to all the Oscar nominated celebrities voicing the characters (Trust me. There are a lot.) But all in all, for Dreamworks's first animated feature, it's a huge step in the right direction.
½ November 8, 2017
Puntaje Original: 5.5

Una película política animada que cuestiona al imperialismo y promueve la singularidad humana, y que a pesar de que cumpla todos los requisitos que los estados capitalistas quieren para hacer al pueblo aborrecer al comunismo, Antz es aburrida y no conecta a los personajes con su audiencia.
October 23, 2017
i thought Antz was a amazing movie but its not a kids movie because it has swearing like danm crap and bitch and is very vilonte some ants get graphically burned with a magnifying glass some termites kill a bunch of ants and another ant holds another ants decapitated head in his hands its still a amazing movie but its for teens and adults
October 8, 2017
Antz should be a film that both children and adults can enjoy...

But it's not! The plot is kinda dark, the animation is absolutely GARBAGE, and don't even get me started on the Antz-A Bug's Life-Prince of Egypt conflict!!!

It's like if HBO made A Bug's Life.
3/5

But at least the characters, and cast who play them, are solid enough!
½ September 7, 2017
Pretty good family should get a kick out of this there was funny humor
½ August 9, 2017
Very entertaining movie..
Rating: 7.5/10.
July 30, 2017
So after I reviewed the first ever computer animated movie Toy Story, I decided to review the second computer animated which is NOT made by Disney Pixar is Antz. When I was thinking of doing this I was just thinking that I'm not really bothered because I don't know which rating I'm going to pick. I have high expectations for animated features. There's definitely a lot of effort put into those, the voice acting, the animation, the characters and groundbreaking stories. With Antz, it has many stars that are into this. There's Woody Allen, Sharon Stone, Gene Hackman, Sylvester Stallone, Jennifer Lopez, Christopher Walken, Danny Glover and Dan Aykroyd. All memorable stars. Much like The Prince of Egypt though. If you really think that reminds you of The Ant Bully, Insectopia is the only place that you will recongnize. A Bug's Life has the same audition and that's all I can say about that. Woody Allen really does quote the lines from his films he stars in. Well, I haven't seen any of his films apart from Hannah and Her Sisters. Gene Hackman does give his evilness to his character. The rest, I know. I remember the scenes are funny like Z is in trouble, the lady wasp gets crushed by an giant foot and the chase scenes. The characters can be likeable while the animation can be decent even though it's not really delicious. Antz is an underrated animated movie for the kids and adults to enjoy. It's the same movie as A Bug's Life cause it came out the exact same year. I know most enjoyed Antz but for me, I just prefer Disney Pixar's A Bug's Life. That is if you put Flik and Z together.
½ July 7, 2017
So we saw this movie at a free movies in the park event. me and half of the other people left due to the movie swearing. Whatever you do don't show this to your kids or they'll be saying the D word.
June 29, 2017
Still one of my fav movies.
½ June 22, 2017
Pros:
- Great Voice Acting

- Stunning Animation

- Terrific Script

- Fantastic Humor

- Very Mature Themes

- Very Complex Story with a plot that never goes too childish

- A lot more adult/teen-friendly than kid-friendly

- Memorable Characters

Cons:
- The climax feels a little bit rushed

Grade: A (9.5/10)
June 19, 2017
A bit of a meh movie. Well it was Dreamworks' first animated movie so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt

6/10
June 13, 2017
6/10/2017 (2): Meh. Mostly a pretty boring film without any laughs.
½ June 8, 2017
I haven't seen this movie for a while but i remember enjoying it.
½ May 24, 2017
Ah, yes, Antz. You might remember seeing this animated film when you were younger. You probably dug it, one way or another but when you return to the film a few years later you realize that it's a lot more adult-oriented than you remember. No, I'm serious. It's not something that's inappropriate but there are still things such as: profanity and I don't mean swear stand-ins and two mild religious exclamations. I know I shouldn't be fussing over it but given how family-friendly our CGI options are today, I feel like I should bring up the subject. There's also drunken bugs who drink "out of the anus of another creature", not-so-subtle pop culture references that I only got because reliable sources told me so meaning that before I was unaware that there were references to Pulp Fiction and Starship Troopers. True, this was back in a time when DreamWorks actually made irreverent humour before big bad Fox took over. And one final thing, it's as Common Sense Media claimed, "surprisingly violent". Well, there is a talking decapitated head so... Don't worry there are still some things worth praising. The animation is perhaps not of the candy-coloured quality we have today but it still looks pretty neat. When taking into consideration the fact that this was DreamWorks' first film and only Hollywood's second CG venture seven weeks before another film about talking ants with celebrity voices. The voice cast is charming as well and a couple of the jokes work. I like the film enough to give it 3.5 stars out of 5 but not enough to grant it more positivity deserving of a higher rating from me. I blame my age. Why am I still such an avid animation enthusiast? I blame you, RT.
½ May 4, 2017
Meh. Antz is an okay film. Not one of my favorites but it had its good scenes. Some of the humor might be a bit raunchy for younger audiences. 7 out of 10 stars
½ May 2, 2017
Hear is a silly movie I thought it made me laugh hard
½ April 13, 2017
It's so cliche with the poor guy getting the princess / saving the earth sorta thing.
April 1, 2017
It's simply better than A Bug's Life
March 20, 2017
Dreamworks like to fill their cast list with loads of big names -- are they compensating for something? Like the fact that they aren't as good as Pixar, & the only decent film they've made is the first Shrek film?
March 19, 2017
My favourite Pixar. Great story, intelligent, funny script, and well-chosen cast. Superb animation and memorable music score. A winner in every department.