Reviews

• Jun 05, 2021

I couldn't convince my husband this movie was supposed to be badly acted, but, he hasn't seen any of the original campy beach movies starring Frankie and Annette. It's a time capsule, features some great cameos (Bob Denver referencing "Gilligan's Island"!), and if you enjoy silly time capsules, you'll like this one. Annette is especially fashion forward in this, and holds a special Britney Spears-like "something isn't quite right in my eyes because 'The Mickey Mouse Club' was my childhood" appeal. She is a true study for any drag queen looking to add Jiffy-sandwich-making iconography to their repertoire.

• Oct 07, 2020

I'm only 14 but I really liked this movie, about a year ago my dad had me watch it and I've liked it ever since.

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    Sep 01, 2019

An endearing tribute to the fans of 60s American media, the story mainly serves as an excuse for stars of those years to take a bow once again on a large stage. Things are kept lighthearted while small nods are made that acknowledge that the world has changed a bit since the 60s. Cheesy perhaps, but like a greasy pizza after a day at the beach, not as bad as you might think. This one's for fans only anyway.

• Mar 11, 2019

Oh man. I can't believe that there is as much hate for this movie as there is. Look folks. If you can't stand, corny, kooky, in your face humor, then don't bother. This is not your hifalutin' high-brow entertainment. This is campy, cliche-ridden, happy-fun-times. "Keith Richards lives on these!" That line right there should tell you, loud and clear, what kind of zany mayhem you're getting into. So, if you got a stick up your ass, go watch something else. I'll be sitting here and munching on popcorn, watching the 60's getting piped through the 80's, and loving every second of it.

• Apr 27, 2017

Frankie Avalon and Annette are back on the big screen as they return to the beach with their teenage son to visit their daughter. Several cameos from major stars of yesteryear make appearances. Watchable but dragged down early by obnoxious teenage son. Did laugh at the unexplained appearance of Pee-Wee Herman who comes out of nowhere to sing a song on the beach and leave. Keep an eye out for those Diet Pepsi product placements.

• Mar 31, 2016

Well...this movie is very corny. It is amazing how awful it really is. The cameos are funny in this, but the main story is dull. I certainly would not advise people to see it unless they knew what they were getting into.

• Feb 07, 2016

This movie WAS my childhood. I watched it so many times and I was sure that when I was older I was going to be partying on a beach constantly, probably having slumber parties with my girlfriends and surfing. Didn't exactly turn out that way....

• Nov 02, 2014

Can't believe I hasn't heard of this before today. My good American came over for a movie day and we watched it as it's one of her favorites, and I loved it. So funny and entertaining. Will definitely watch it again in the near future. 6/10

• Jul 02, 2013

Enjoyable homage to the 60's surf movies starring Frankie and Annette, plays along instead of mocking them, just having fun in the sun and giving the audience, a gleeful trip down memory lane. When burned out Frankie decides to take a vacation with his beautiful and perky wife and his surly punk son, they stop on the way to see there grown up daughter who lives in their old stomping grounds of the beautiful beach. Along the way the couple have a good ole time with pajama parties and crash the scene of their daughter shacked up with a surf bum, they sing and dance and just have fun! Fun movie for all those who love the old days and fondly remember the surf movies for their easy going ways and not for their film plots.

• Apr 14, 2013

Anette and Frankie are terrific parodies of themselves. Sadly, if you watch closely you can see how unsteady she is in several scenes. I don't think Pee Wee adds anything to the movie; his cover of Surfin Bird is awful. OTOH, the Jamaica Ska scene with Fishbone and Anette and the Warm California Sun with Frankie, Connie Stevens and Dickie Dale are terrific. Good movie for a rainy Labor Day Monday.