Backdraft 2 Reviews

• Feb 03, 2020

Oh my...What a sad second attempt after the original. The cinematography was weak at best. It felt soap-opera-ish. The plot was a mess, the special effects were lackluster, the acting was not very believable... This really embarrassed the original by playing on the original title and having some of the same actors. Yeah, I watched it...but have no plans to see it again.

• Jan 11, 2020

Nowhere near enjoyable.

Nowhere near enjoyable.

• Dec 01, 2019

very poorly scripted and poor acting....repeat lines from the first Backdraft...boring story line...

• Nov 13, 2019

Wasn't sure what to expect of a sequel that comes out 25+ years later. Actually not bad. Not as much cool fire photography but a good story. Donald Sutherland was great as always. Steven Baldwin had his moments but can't seem to act all the way through a movie.

• Nov 03, 2019

A really awful movie

A really awful movie

• Sep 27, 2019

A lousy sequel. I didn't even make it to the halfway point! Lousy acting and even worse dialogue. Too bad cause the original was fantastic. Some things are better left alone....

• Aug 25, 2019

Not as good as the first Backdraft, but keeps your attention. Had more foul language than the original I think. Which was not necessary. A little goes a long way with that. I love it that William Baldwin and Donald Sutherland were in it again.

• Aug 13, 2019

Backdraft 2 is exactly what you expect from a direct to DVD sequel. Bland acting and a predictable story. It tries to connect to the first Backdraft with some mentions of the characters and some of the actual character themselves are in this film. But it’s nowhere near as good as the first. Some of the burned up bodies look a bit cheesy and the storyline isn’t anything different. It’s what you expected not much more.

• Aug 06, 2019

Absolutely... boring! (Loved the original Backdraft, though)

Absolutely... boring! (Loved the original Backdraft, though)

• May 22, 2019

Some movies can work around their miniscule budgets through storytelling and character development. That's not this movie. It doesn't have the big action or the big names of the original. They didn't even shoot it in Chicago, FFS. The TV show Chicago Fire looks better than this dirge. The best actor in the movie only has a minute onscreen(D. Sutherland). The story is formulaic and the leads are bad. The main character is this smarmy, cavalier Maverick type of guy that seemingly does whatever he wants with impunity, as if that's even slightly realistic. The lead actress is completely forgettable and seems to be there just to tick the boxes. And of course, they kill the only link to the original movie for dramatic effect. I'm glad I didn't pay money to see this.