Band of the Hand Reviews

• Aug 25, 2019

I have always liked this movie. Once you get past some of the bad acting its a decent movie. I have watched it for years.

• Feb 03, 2016

A group of juvenile delinquents in their teens consisting of Ruben Julian Pacecho AKA "Mira Primo" (Michael Carmine), Moss Roosevelt AKA "Warlord" (Leon Robinson), James Lee MacEwen AKA "Crazy" (John Cameron Mitchell), Carlos Rene Aragon AKA "The Lover" (Danny Quinn) and Dorcey Jon Bridger AKA "Rattler" (Al Shannon) who are doomed to be prosecuted as adults for their crimes unless they take part in a new and experimental "program" led by the Vietnam veteran and Native American Joe Tegra (Stephen Lang) from the Everglades. The teens must learn to survive in the dangerous swamp and how to work together. Upon completion of the program, the group buys a vacant house in a dangerous part of Miami and slowly rebuilds the neighbourhood, kicking out the pimps, prostitutes and drug dealers... With Starsky and Hutch's Paul Michael Glaser in the direction seat and Michael Mann in the production seat there´s many connections to Mann´s great tv show "Miami Vice" not only in settings and environments, but also actors. The criminal look and style follows the same formula and has an in depth portrayal of the sleaze and the slime of the big city criminal underground of the 1980's. "Band of The Hand" is a juvenile action adventure in pastel colours not avoiding the day to day street violence in Miami, however the dialogue and acting is not always spot on and there´s a general cheesy 80s vibe around the film as well. Nice to see the always intense Stephen Lang, a young and beautiful Lauren Holly and the 80s standard baddie James Remar. Trivia: The film was released in theaters but only after it failed as a pilot for a network television series.

• Jun 25, 2015

i like quite a few 80s movies but this one missed the mark. it jumps all over the place and tough to really feel for any of the main characters. utterly forgettable.

• Dec 07, 2012

Great film. Time piece. Loved it growing up, love it now.

Great film. Time piece. Loved it growing up, love it now.

• Dec 01, 2012

Huge fan of the film. Infinitely quotable. Slick and schlocky. Michael Carmine is a hoot and will be tragically missed.

• Nov 05, 2012

Follows the formula of hard-ass war vet takes groups of teens who have never seen Scared Straight and whips them into a band of crime fighters, out to beat down Miami's drug lords. It is cashing in on the popularity of Miami Vice with the location, clothes, and drugs but this is below the level of all the Andy Sidaris movies, especially due to the lack of cleavage, even with a young Lauren Holly.

• Oct 28, 2012

Poor Bob Dylan. Hooray 80's outfits and gang warfare. 2009 Movies: 102

Poor Bob Dylan. Hooray 80's outfits and gang warfare. 2009 Movies: 102

• May 12, 2012

I would love to find this on DVD awesome movie . shame I never even see it on premium channels :(

• May 09, 2012

AWESOME MOVIE THEN, AWESOME MOVIE NOW!

AWESOME MOVIE THEN, AWESOME MOVIE NOW!

• Mar 31, 2012

I miss my rocky coral home!

I miss my rocky coral home!