Bandolero Reviews

• Dec 14, 2019

Beautiful western highlighted by Jimmy Stewart's wry Hangman. It's difficult not be be delighted by his performance. The movie gets 5 stars in my book just for Stewart alone. However, it's still a fun romp across picturesque sandy backdrops and vivid desert skies.

• Sep 15, 2017

I liked this movie the actors are very good

I liked this movie the actors are very good

• Feb 27, 2016

......Great solid western.....Exceptional score by Jerry Goldsmith....Stewart is his usual exceptional self.....Martin is passable.....Ending is satisfying.....The film has some solid comedic scenes......which is somewhat unusual for a western....

• Aug 19, 2015

He's not as tough as he smells. Dee and Mace Bishop are brothers that have recently been reunited after Mace pretends to be a hangman during his brother's trial. A shootout ensues and they escape. Along their way they encounter a woman out for revenge and money...sounds exactly like their type. As they try to find a way to go right and avoid the law, their natural ways get in the way. "It appears to me I misjudged you." Andrew McLaglen, director of Have Gun Will Travel, Gunsmoke, McLintock, The Wild Geese, Sahara (1983), The Sea Wolves, and Shenandoah, delivers Bandolero! The storyline for this picture is pretty good and fun to watch unfold. The characters are fascinating and eccentric and the cast delivers solid performances. The cast includes James Stewart, Dean Martin, Raquel Welch, George Kennedy, and Will Geer. "He robbed a bank." "Who?" "The hangman." I came across this on Netflix and had to add it to the wish list since it starred the legend James Stewart. This was far from his best work and this was a pretty average, straightforward western. There wasn't too much original here. I wouldn't go too out of my way to see this unless you're a fan of the genre. "I was a whore at thirteen and my family never went hungry." Grade: C+

• Aug 08, 2015

boring and completely forgettable

boring and completely forgettable

• Jul 02, 2015

Passable western from journeyman director Andrew V. McLaglen. James Stewart and Dean Martin play outlaw brothers on the run from the law and crossing the Mexico border with beautiful hostage Raquel Welch. There's nothing all that memorable about the film, but it's competently made, has nice scenery and a strong cast that besides Martin, Stewart and Welch includes George Kennedy (As Sheriff July Jonson, a name later reused in "Lonesome Dove"), Will Geer, Denver Pyle, Harry Carey Jr. Perry Lopez and Dub Taylor. Jerry Goldsmith provided the score.

• Aug 03, 2014

140808: Quite a good movie with what I consider a surprising finale. Good characters, western stars I recognize from my younger years and some really big hair on Welch's part. Plenty of action and a little humour. All's well.

• Dec 11, 2013

good western later western

good western later western

• Dec 07, 2013

James Stewart and Dean Martin are cast very good.. A good western.

James Stewart and Dean Martin are cast very good.. A good western.

• May 21, 2013

Entertaining Western with gunplay, action, pursuits and Raquel Welch--Standard Oater!!