Beta Test Reviews

• Jan 23, 2020

It starts strong and does quite a few things to move this genre of film in the right direction. Sadly, it takes just as many missteps and ultimately feels like a complicated, silly mess of a plot.

• Mar 22, 2019

It’s gamer on a much smaller budget and to be fair to this film it doesn’t do it any worse either

• Jan 28, 2019

Claims to have the longest single-shoot fight scene in cinema history. Unfortunately, that's not a compliment. It's the most pointless, illogical part of the whole movie. It's a decent premise and an okay plot, but as the movie becomes more "real world" and less "videogame," the writing and direction actually get more videogammish. This could have been a decent movie--if they hadn't tried to cover weak writing with mediocre, nonsensical action.

• Jan 01, 2019

Beta test features a very unique story that probably could’ve been something good but the execution is poor. It’s a b movie so it has that B-movie feel with some bad acting, bad dialogue, and a ridiculous plot. The movie also tries to mimic one long fight scene at the end which is OK but nothing spectacular. A wasted effort.

• Dec 03, 2017

As a gamer, Beta Test was a fun romp coupled with hideously simplistic allegory. Watch it for the excellent low-budget action rather than the philosophical commentary, which elevates a primitive worldview alongside a brutal dystopian worldview. Natural law is not the end all and be all of mankind, as these filmmakers seem to want everyone to believe. Thank goodness real video games are loaded with far more sophisticated social, philosophical, and economic commentary than this film.

• Nov 25, 2017

The days of B grade films is over. This is D grade! Plot sounded ok but I just couldn't get past the shocking acting and the washed out scenes.

• Nov 17, 2017

Cool idea, with refreshing commentary on the gun control debate, but ultimately brought down by poor acting.

• Sep 07, 2017

Couldn't finish watching it

Couldn't finish watching it

• Dec 22, 2016

If you like video games you'll enjoy watching this. It has a very interesting idea which kept me watching. I genuinely thought I was watching a straight to DVD movie til I looked it up. It has a very television movie feel in that it feels low budget and corny. But still enjoyable to watch.

• Oct 02, 2016

Interesting concept, executed poorly.

Interesting concept, executed poorly.