Reviews

• 2d ago

Piece of sht movie but it's obvious who can see what enjoy about it

Piece of sht movie but it's obvious who can see what enjoy about it

• Nov 11, 2021

This movie would still be a cinematic marvel if it wasn't for the storyline. I can see why people it's early 20th century loved it. Unfortunately, in the year 2021 it comes across as a grandiose facade of white nationalist propaganda.

• Sep 20, 2021

I went into this movie to grit my teeth at and meanwhile I did do that I gotta say; it's a really well made movie. Yeah it's made for the wrong purpose but for tge time the production quality is unbelievable like a German tiger tank.

• Aug 11, 2021

It is horribly offensive and racist film. But it's also one of the most groundbreaking films of all time and considering when it was made it's very impressive. watch it for it's quality not for accuracy. Make sure you know your facts before seeing this film.

• Jul 27, 2021

F#$@+* gringos are in this movie

F#$@+* gringos are in this movie

• Jun 15, 2021

Really racist, but still interesting cinematically speaking, for its film techniques. The music is really awesome, it's clearly a big production (a LOT of actors), and it allows you to see so back in time that it's amazing. But yes, to enjoy it you really need to forget about the fact that it's so damn racist.

• Jun 12, 2021

Its impressive production values, thrilling action sequences, engaging score and stunning visual effects for its time make it a groundbreaking technical achievement and a cinematic landmark. However, its problematic narrative, inaccurate and offensive characterizations of African-Americans and the Ku Klux Klan, and horribly racist stereotypes mean it will forever live in infamy.

• Apr 28, 2021

One should not judge a film solely on the fact that it expresses ideas from a different time. Yes, the imagery may disturb you, yes it may make you uncomfortable, and yes, it is most certainly racist beyond belief. But for those of us who love cinema, care deeply about it's history, and is willing to overlook its dated ideas, are in for an immersive, tense, groundbreaking experience of a motion picture.

• Apr 18, 2021

It held my interest more than a lot of other silent films, with primitive though effective scenes of Civil War carnage, reenactments of famous moments in American history, and a melodramatic soap opera about two families on opposite sides in the Civil War meeting by coincidences to propel the plot forward. The notoriously racist content, though, is plentiful. It's interesting to see what constituted a tent pole picture in 1915.

• Apr 08, 2021

This was no joke, I knew going into it that it was gonna be a little lengthy but I didn't realize how quickly the first half would go and how slowly the second half would go. An hour into it I honestly thought I could tackle another film as well, however about two hours into it I decided that would be it for the night.