Blood - The Last Vampire Reviews

• Jul 22, 2020

Love it.Very well done.

Love it.Very well done.

• May 20, 2017

Story's doesn't speak well to the audiences but surely it's animated action does. My fave anime of all.

• Jun 14, 2016

really lousy film .. one dimensional. such a horrible waste of time; worst animation ever seen out of the hundreds i've watched.

• Apr 26, 2016

Blood is one of those movies I have grown to appreciate over time. I still remember being upset at the ridiculously short run time on my first viewing. The scene composition is top notch. The character development could have been better (but seeing as this was supposed to be the first of three movies I can forgive that). All in all I love this movie and only wish they had made more. Pros: Heavy palpable atmosphere, excellent scene composition Con: Too short!

• Jan 17, 2015

In 1966 a vampire schoolgirl battles demons disguised as humans. It's cool, but not great. The action and graphic violence is over far too quickly. Was there some deal made that it had to be less than 50 minutes long, including credits? And the credits must take up no less than 10% of that time.

• Oct 03, 2014

Enjoyable anime thanks to a superb story & animation but suffers from being too short. The story is excellent with great use of being set on a U.S. military base during the Vietnam War, giving it a foreboding atmosphere. The animation is gorgeous as well, with a brilliant mix of analog & digital effects to create a unique look to the film. Unfortunately, at 47 minutes, it is too short to be justified as a film and not given enough time to develop the characters & their backgrounds (we never learn the significance of why Saya is the last original). If this was a longer film it would have been a classic. Otherwise, it's just an enjoyable watch.

• Jul 20, 2014

Aside from the lack of characters, character development and premise this movie constantly manages to lead you into feeling like it's going somewhere only for it implode on itself and put you through boring chase and fights scene. Although for me the worst part of the movie is the lack of character development and information, there's almost known leaving you feeling nothing for the characters. I'd recommened avoiding this one.

• May 21, 2014

Enjoyable nonsense that needs a little deconstructing to understand.

Enjoyable nonsense that needs a little deconstructing to understand.

• Jul 23, 2013

Yeah it's short and that is a little disappointing, but how many films can say they stand on style alone. Bloody, intense, and dark as hell. An short but definitely sweet slice of anime that people who love the series based of it would do well to see.

• Apr 11, 2013

Short and sweet. Im a sucker for violent cartoons. I dont really like vampires but this is a cool acceptation.