Bollywood/Hollywood Reviews

• Dec 19, 2017

(5.5 out of 6) When we see that we must uphold values of our culture when those are our Father's dieing words to find out others with no values and not in our culture is in and out of our life. When we see that others offer us values all the time when advise, compliments, and words of wisdom we take when we are successful in our career and alone when those in our life dies. When what we are only bound to seek we follow others values to meet someone who has no values but is in our culture to know we found someone to pass such events & pressures with at a cost. When what others don't care about others values when some moments with others is all that matters when time with those can transform us. When we see there is no value in transforming others to look such parts but see it works when those blend in well with everyone who all hold values & culture in such places. When what we make happy we see our presence is valuable when our beauty & culture makes those proud to call their own. When in other places we are not valuable and culture doesn't matter to those who are ashamed of who we are, what we don't have, and what little we are. When we are valuable in other places where we show others the way we do things and stand up for ourselves and culture. When we see that we brought out such culture and values in those when we celebrate and show those there is nothing more important. When we see our life never valued us when we hated our culture for treating us as currency to be arranged to wed. When what others value more in some cultures is a son when they hate us for being female. When we see that in some cultures what is not valued goes out when they are seen as untouchable. When in other places we see we become are the lifestyles we choose when we only value a living wage and a culture that accepts us. When we see what others value when culture doesn't matter in those eyes who see us from within to care about how we see life and the world and not just a piece of meat to see they value love like us. When what others value we know it's our culture to see they value us more then others. When what others value they see where they go to fulfill such appetites when culture doesn't matter to others. When what pasts we have we see that we did what we had to do when places that value such things more then others we see our culture outcasts us out for who we are and what we did to choose such lifestyles. When what others thought they saw in what they consider of value in their culture we see it is not us. When what others don't see the same places of shame goes they see what it is like to feel unvaluable in your own culture to choose to live such life of shame in the dark. When others value the happiness we want to not care much about our culture when happiness is of the most important thing to please ourself. When only those gone would be happy for us too when we value their views regardless of culture to know what direction to go. When what little advise others get in low places they only want the best for us when they value our happiness as much as others to know our culture doesn't matter to leave it behind. When what others value about their culture are the advise and values they give those who don't know to change their ways before it's too late. When what else others share in values and culture we see eye to eye with the parents to get their blessings. When what we see we both value is eachother when culture has to accept or decline what they see when happiness is at stake.

• Sep 21, 2014

Worthwhile comedy musical of family traditions and rushed endearments.Not quite a waste of time,has its sparks of witt

• Sep 18, 2013

Simplement, pas ete capable de regarder plus de 15 minutes...INSUPPORTABLE !

Simplement, pas ete capable de regarder plus de 15 minutes...INSUPPORTABLE !

• Apr 21, 2013

As the title implies, the film tries to incorporate elements of bollywood and hollywood films into one. It feels like a Pretty Woman knock off and not quite like a bollywood film either. The film also leaves many matters left aside, such as the representations of homosexuality. The acting is generally fairly poor and noticeably so.

• Aug 03, 2012

Great movie canadain meet indain style, wonderful. It insightive, colorful and celebrative with dance and music thats ethnically enriching. A rich man needs to find a bride, his caucasian girlfriend died in a freak accident onsight of her music video. His sister is in love and wants to get on with her life but can't until he finds someone to wed. Almost when hope is lost he encounters a striking bueaty who looks indian but isn't or is she? The fun begins,fantastic movie.

• Jun 04, 2012

I love this movie. Makes me wanna watch some Bollywood movies.

I love this movie. Makes me wanna watch some Bollywood movies.

• Dec 17, 2011

Deepa Mehta's take on Bollywood is so smart. I love a musical!

Deepa Mehta's take on Bollywood is so smart. I love a musical!

• Dec 06, 2011

Bollywood Hollywood is a fun piece of not quite mindless entertainment. Deepa Mehta makes Bollywood for a Western audience without completely losing what makes Bollywood great. Gone is the 3+ hour running time and the overly and ridiculously melodramatic plot line and acting, replaced with a much more manageable run time and more naturalistic performances. What remains is the fun, the unashamedly romantic plot, the family connection and dynamic and of course the dance numbers. Brightly coloured with a witty script that moves fast, Bollywood Hollywood isn't profound, but it eases the Western viewer into the culture that is India and Bollywood with enough insight and intelligence to spark interest in the real thing without the difficulties that the Western viewer encounters through a full fledged Bollywood flick.

• Sep 17, 2011

Weird movie... I am still trying to figure out if I like it or not.

Weird movie... I am still trying to figure out if I like it or not.

• Mar 09, 2011