Bonnie Scotland (Heroes of the Regiment) Reviews

• May 07, 2019

One of the weaker of the Laurel & Hardy features, although at least they get more screentime than in Fra Diavolo, say. The gags are either overworked (Stan failing to march in time) or underwhelming (a choreographed litter-picking). The romantic plot is completely uninteresting, and the whole thing is deservedly forgotten now.

• Sep 27, 2017

Bonnie Scotland is a funny film. It is about Stan and Ollie mistakenly enlist in the Scottish army. Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy give terrific performances. The screenplay is good but a little slow in places. Jame W. Horne did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed this motion picture because of the humor. Bonnie Scotland is a must see.

• Jul 06, 2015

Strange title for a film mainly set in India and not their best.

Strange title for a film mainly set in India and not their best.

• Feb 05, 2013

Got to love Laurel and Hardy. There is nothing that amazing about this film but all the same their blunders and mishaps still entertain. First they are in Scotland and then trying to cope in a Scottish regiment. This plot seemed somewhat similar to Flying Deuces but I don't mind that much

• Feb 03, 2013

There's lots of fun to be had here with a number of clever gags and well-written dialogue. The sub-plot is well-enough handled to not bog down Laurel and Hardy's momentum too much.

• Jan 26, 2011

stan n ollie bring tha funny from what i've heard this was their personal fave of their movies myself i still love the music box and those iconic stairs!

• Jan 08, 2010

This is probably my favorite movie by Laurel & Hardy. Though some of it is waaaay to outdated for me. But I do realize it was made in another time. Still I don't think there has been a better comedy duo than this in all of history. These two actually had a strong friendship both on and off the screen. The first half is an absolute delight. Laughs and smiles all the way. The second half is still very funny and entertaining but the outdated views of foreign countries ruin some of its charm. Still an absolute delight.

• Nov 29, 2009

Rarely seen these days but one of Laurel and Hardy's better features.

Rarely seen these days but one of Laurel and Hardy's better features.

• Corey n Super Reviewer
    May 16, 2008

Well it looks like another fine mess that Laurel and Hardy have gotten themselves into. Laurel & Hardy travel to Scotland expecting to inherit the MacLaurel estate. Instead they do not get much and by accident enlist in the British army. This movie was very funny. Your typical physical gags and slapstick humour from Oliver and Laurel. There are many funny scenes in the film. I laughed a lot watching this. The story is a bit silly but expected for a Laurel and Hardy film. If you enjoy their other films and comedy shorts then check this out.

• Jun 25, 2005

AVERAGE LAUREL AND HARDY COMEDY, THEY TRAVEL TO SCOTLAND TO RECEIVE AN INHERITANCE AND THE USUAL COMIC SITUATIONS OCCUR. NOT TOO BAD BUT THEY HAVE BEEN MUCH BETTER.