Bringing Down the House Reviews

• 6d ago

Not sure why negative comments about "stereotypes" etc. Back in the day, comedy was ok. It was a well-cast film with many laughs throughout. Queen Latifah, Steve Martin and Jean Smart were fantastic together as well. An unlikely trio that works!

• Nov 21, 2020

A cliched comedy, only very funny and brilliant.

A cliched comedy, only very funny and brilliant.

• Nov 16, 2020

though the racial jokes are a bit out of hand, but atleast it isnt as bad is national security

• Sep 02, 2020

An adventure comedy plays with all the humor that can fit into PG-13 (sexual, racial, e.t.c,)

• Aug 27, 2020

Racial stereotypes from the start which I really didn't have time for. Turned off after 25minutes after forcing myself to give it a few more chances

• Jun 29, 2020

The cast made it far better than the script deserved.

The cast made it far better than the script deserved.

• Jun 26, 2020

Good watch, would watch again, and can recommend. Fair warning, this movie has moments where it looks / feels super racist, and that cringe-factor might be by design. It's a little pushy in its message at points, but ultimately it's funny, and that message is basically togetherness and cooperation so there is some allowable forgiveness. I do feel like they casted very well for this, both Queen Latifah and Steve Martin have the skill and finesse to make this movie good. Eugene Levy was a great cast as well, and Missi Pyle is always a fun choice. Steve Harris and Betty White were also great choices to include. With respect to the line they tried to walk, the casting and performance are top, but the writing just really what I would have wanted out of this.

• Feb 16, 2020

I really cannot understand why this movie got panned. I thought it was funny as hell... 😂😂😂

• Jan 16, 2020

Love any comedy that has Steve Martin in it

Love any comedy that has Steve Martin in it

• Jan 15, 2020

A bit forgettable but the performances of both Martin and Latifa make it a fun film with some tongue-in-cheek humor