The Brothers Karamazov Reviews

Amazing dancers and wonderful choreography

Amazing dancers and wonderful choreography

• Marina G
    Dec 10, 2019

Amazing choreography! Super skilled ballet dancers!

Amazing choreography! Super skilled ballet dancers!

• josephine
    Dec 08, 2019

There was no sound to the movie! The movie should have been checked previously before playing it for an audience. Then we had to wait for a whole half hour before we got our money returned! The whole experience was disgusting!

• Tatyana
    Nov 19, 2019

It was absolutely adorable! Wonderful dancing, amazing choreography , perfect staging! Real masterpiece. I watched many ballets staged by Eiphman, he is pure genius, the best choreographer I ever saw. Thanks to the good movie production I had the impression Im right near the stage.

• Mar 20, 2018

William Shatner as a moderating influence is a bad way to start your film.

William Shatner as a moderating influence is a bad way to start your film.

• Jan 16, 2018

Six excellent actors working under Mr. Brooks. While not fully appreciating the original novel, this is decent enough for Hollywood. Though if you are looking for great acting, focus on Cobb, Schell, Bloom, Stehli, & Opatoshu. The others are just minor variations of the characters they usually perform.

• Aug 15, 2016

The screen adaptation was slightly adjusted from the novel but great film nonetheless starring the great Yul Brynner, with further great performances by Lee J. Cobb, Maria Maria Schell and William Shatner. 3.9/5

• Nov 28, 2013

Tough to fit the whole novel into a film even if it was three hours. It does have some good moments, but it ultimately falls short of the mark. One of the actresses looks like my niece, Shatner was good and the brothers managed to capture he whole family feel of the book. Other than that, the direction and writing did not do the book justice. Some of the sets were memorable.

• Jul 15, 2013

only average acting, somewhat melodramatic, predictable plot

only average acting, somewhat melodramatic, predictable plot

• Mar 05, 2013

Did not think Brynner could do it, but he does it. A great film that is faithful to the written masterpiece. Maria Schell, I adore you, too.