Reviews

• Apr 06, 2016

I'm loving these things. 2 for 2 so far. Snappy, fun, simple. Can't wait to watch the rest.

• Sep 12, 2015

good entry in this once popular serial programmer

good entry in this once popular serial programmer

• Jun 19, 2014

The dreaded haxonite stolen, a severed arm found and a frustrated Phyllis Clavering. This calls for Bulldog Drummond--Pretty Good 'Bulldog' Feature With Plenty of Action!!

• May 22, 2014

The Drummond series keeps coming out. While nothing outstanding, they're still dependable thrillers. Here, Drummond is about to get married (still??) when he discovers a severed hand and a case of highly combustable materials missing. John Howard is a perfectly ok Drummond.

• Aug 04, 2013

Bulldog Drummond is back and out for revenge.

Bulldog Drummond is back and out for revenge.

• Aj V Super Reviewer
    Sep 05, 2010

A mediocre detective movie with a mediocre detective. All of Drummond's movies are the same, so it doesn't matter which one you see.

• Dec 04, 2009

Average entry in an average series.

Average entry in an average series.

• Nov 04, 2009

Just another Bulldog Drummond movie. One of the weaker ones too. Dull

Just another Bulldog Drummond movie. One of the weaker ones too. Dull

• Oct 15, 2008

An hour and 15 of uninteresting, predictable mystery. The lead is steely, but cannot cope with such a dull story. The supporting characters are so one dimensional, one is suprised they can see them, and though some of it is charming, the film is mostly hogwash.

• Jun 23, 2007

While preparing to travel to Switzerland with his friends Algy (Denny) and Colonel Nielsen (Barrymore), as well as his manservant Tenny (Clive), so he can finally marry the love of his life, Phyllis Clavering (Campbell), Captain Hugh Drummond (Howard) is drawn into a nefarious scheme by murderous froeign agents attempting to steal the only existing sample of a newly developed high explosive, Hexonite. Can Drummond and his friends round up the guilty parties without spoiling yet another set of wedding plans? "Bulldog Drummond's Revenge" is a fast-paced adventure tale that keeps things funny and lighthearted--almost in spite a sequence where our heroes are tossing about a suitcase that don't realize contains unstable explosives, and a series of ghoulish gags involving a severed arm. The regular cast-members provide their usual charming and witty performances. Clive shines particularly brightly in this outing, with Tenny's plain frustration with the antics of his "betters" giving rise to some very funny sarcasm. The film's main weak point is its reliance on far-fetched coincidences to both get started and keep the characters involved in the events. (I could accept that Drummond and pals just happen to be driving along the road where bad guys are executing Stage Two of their scheme... but it taxes my ability to suspend my disbelief that Drummond and Phyllis's train compartment just [i]happens[/i] to be next to the ones reserved by the bad guy. There's also the issue that Phyllis seems just a tiny bit too shrewish at times during the film; it's hardly Hugh's fault that a suitcase and a severed arm literally dropped out of the sky as he was returning from London. I recommend this film if you enjoy comedies and adventure flicks from the 1930s. I also recommend this film if you enjoy the "Indiana Jones" movies; the Bulldog Drummond series reminds me of those films on several levels. Bulldog Drummond's Revenge Starring: John Howard, E.E. Clive, Reginald Denny, John Barrymore, Louise Campbell, and Frank Puglia Director: Louis King