Canadian Bacon Reviews

• Aug 09, 2019

Canadian Bacon just seems forced. There's no real plot and it just wanders in different directions like a rat in a maze. Still John Candy gives a good performance one last time.

• May 09, 2019

This movie is hugely underrated in my opinion. As an American who has lived in Canada, this movie is a delightful riot.

• Mar 18, 2019

This movie is a great snapshot of history and a time when Michael Moore had not yet been co-opted by the National [in]Security State. This movie is proof that yesterday's Satire can easily become tomorrow's "home truths". One of the most telling scenes involves the President and his advisor discussing the idea of selling the proposed war with Canada to the American people. The President, somewhat skeptical, questions whether anyone would buy such a notion and his advisor tells him - in a moment shadowing the current [2016-2019] political climate - that "The American people will believe whatever we tell them." Younger people who are perhaps eager to see the evil and malevolent hand of outside "meddlers" in the farcical elections of 2016 would do well to watch this movie.

• Nov 24, 2018

Saw this movie for the first time in 2018, and was astounded at how funny and relevant it still is. But the light-hearted satiric concept of picking a phony fight with our northern neighbor to push up poll numbers seems darker now, especially given the current administration is doing the same thing--for real--with our southern neighbor (all the while taking potshots at Canada's more popular prime minister). Michael Moore is spot-on in his understanding of how greed, arrogance, ignorance, love of weaponry and misplaced patriotism can make Americans laughable and dangerous at the same time. I enjoyed this movie even while I cringed at the caricatured characters. I wish Michael Moore would step away from his documentary work for a while and make another movie like this--we all could use a smile.

• Nov 06, 2018

This film was unwatchable.

This film was unwatchable.

• Feb 14, 2018

(4.0 out of 6)- Predictable places within reach. When we see what place divides two other places when we live by the border to watch who crosses over. When we see what place others go when such places go to bad places that we get sucked into dark places of death. When what places we turn to for security we see it's deadly weaponry places when we need to be armed for anything. When we see what places those turn to but see they cross us to take them to another place they wish not leave when they fail the people. When we see what places we are in when we go to low places to know what place we stand amongst our own people when we need votes. When what place those hold for us are appreciative places when they give us what we want, what we like, and what works when we need something in return. When what place we see those go to we know why others don't want to go same places when such places only benefit one more than others. When we see what places we have gone before to know which place comes on top. When we see the only place we standoff to those places that devides us are in sports. When what place we need to stand off with are those to get those sucked into a place they hate going, war. When what place is so different from our place we see what place they stand when it's against us. When what we build into the American fabric is hysteria in what place we make others believe are threats right under our noses that we couldn't see before. When what places those hold as innocent, harmless we see otherwise to show places of those crossing over, those standing high on guard ready to strike. When what place those hold as important to protect we see they take their place to defend & fight. When we don't always see what place we go in uncertain times to go to unknown places and see where it takes us. When we see what place we need to keep in one place, out and down to only have everyone on the right place of mind doing it too. When we see the place that supplies two places from different places we see the perfect place to stir trouble. When we don't see what other places we go to feed our greed for power we see what place we give to them in what we don't know, the power to control. When what place those take in their own hands we see what is out of place are our enemies and others hostage. When we go into foreign places to retrieve those who are misplaced. when we see that what we misplace is our understanding of those neighbouring places when we see them like stereotypes we can easily put in place to take what we want. When what place they see as harmless when those put to place do hardly nothing bad. When what we need to place those in their hearts we send them the message what place we put others. When we see what places we go when the worst that can happen happens to go in darker places when we mean business and are serious. When what we don't see what place we give others who have no place when power & money is what devides other places we see they turn on us. When we see the sneaky places of self sabotage we can go such places to get what we want. When what place we see place their power at we see it's where everyone can see when it's those places that can come crumbling down or blow up in your face when it's places of control. When what place we hold are patriotic right to bare arms and defend our country. When we see what places we can go and not go to know who follows us and puts other things in place to know we shouldn't go to such places. When there is no place like home to return back. When we see what other places everyone can go when such things take place to know anything can happen when we are in and out of places of power.

• Dec 27, 2017

It should not be taken as a comedy, but as a portrayal of the decline of american and western society, even after conclusion of Cold War made everybody think that the American Empire was going to last long.

• Nov 10, 2017

Sorry Dad, putting your name on the movie isn't going to make me like it.

Sorry Dad, putting your name on the movie isn't going to make me like it.

• Nov 08, 2017

Very funny, this movie is only for people who understand geo politics in America. A satirical view of our foreign policy with a lot of truth. Good cssr

• Oct 14, 2017

I can't believe that this movie has such a low score here, this is one great movie. It's funny, great cast, and it actually shows you in satirical way how do political games of this, or any country for that matter actually work. How easy is to manipulate masses, and change their positions over night. As someone mentioned here, not a movie for everybody.